ADVERTISEMENT

Should Be Positive Thoughts Going Forward........

Groz

All Conference
Gold Member
Jul 28, 2001
I think we are finally getting over the hump of getting rid of where "almost" all Rutgers fans "always" expect a negative result in a season, a game, or games or on the recruiting trail to lose out on big time recruits. I think the BAD stuff is over. This season was the start and adding Cliff only adds a cherry on top so that we can have a bonafide program moving forward every year. Our coaches are doing a great job with the program.

We have endured so many bad things over the years and now it is OUR turn to start to be near the top of the basketball standings going forward, year in and year out. Even though the league is so tough, we will get our share of top recruits going forward.

Sure, we will occasionally have the bad game where many of the fans will criticize our coach or coaches and some of our players if they have a bad game or games, but for the most part, WE ALL should start thinking positive thoughts, rather than when will the "shoe drop" and a bad thing(s) will happen...........

Go Rutgers!

Best of Luck,
Groz

I totally agree with you Groz. This could bring us back to the glory times like we had in 75, 76, 78, 79, 82 and 83. We won at least 20 games in all of those seasons. We just might be on a good roll.

Good post Groz, because we "did" it this year, its quelled the fears of the unknown of when will we turn it around, will it be turned, when is Pike going to land big recruits. All the checkmarks are there. No doubt you can never be overconfident....always have to be grinding but this is no one year fluke. Our best years are ahead of us. Its truly a different time for RU hoops and for expectations.

I’m very excited but also guarded in my optimism. If we learned anything this year it is that the RU screw is the most powerful force in nature. You just can’t look past that.

LOL!!! Another negative Nancy thought.

I think we are finally getting over the hump of getting rid of where "almost" all Rutgers fans "always" expect a negative result in a season, a game, or games or on the recruiting trail to lose out on big time recruits. I think the BAD stuff is over. This season was the start and adding Cliff only adds a cherry on top so that we can have a bonafide program moving forward every year. Our coaches are doing a great job with the program.

We have endured so many bad things over the years and now it is OUR turn to start to be near the top of the basketball standings going forward, year in and year out. Even though the league is so tough, we will get our share of top recruits going forward.

Sure, we will occasionally have the bad game where many of the fans will criticize our coach or coaches and some of our players if they have a bad game or games, but for the most part, WE ALL should start thinking positive thoughts, rather than when will the "shoe drop" and a bad thing(s) will happen...........

Go Rutgers!

Best of Luck,
Groz

100%. Pike and his staff have turned Rutgers Hoops into a winner. And it is just starting, ladies and gentlemen!

i know i was sold on this coach, this team and this program by mid january... they were so god darn tough. they went from getting punched in the balls at Penn State to absolutely murdering Maryland at home then on the road at Purdue to tell all the critics to go kick rocks!

Just imagine what the guys who gave up on this team would have been saying if the season ended after the Penn State game.

Reactions: Scarlet83
Should be more than tough next year, assuming the season goes forward & if it does we avoid injuries. With the exception of Geo for a spell we were very fortunate on the injury front last season.

i know i was sold on this coach, this team and this program by mid january... they were so god darn tough. they went from getting punched in the balls at Penn State to absolutely murdering Maryland at home then on the road at Purdue to tell all the critics to go kick rocks!

Just imagine what the guys who gave up on this team would have been saying if the season ended after the Penn State game.
And how many posted that we were losing our toughness when Eugene left. F that.

Pike recruits tough. And tough stepped up.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
ADVERTISEMENT