ADVERTISEMENT

Should Rutgers have a Turnover Chain??

No Al. Let's stay cool and classy. If you want to do something nice and good then bring back putting stars on the helmets for an interception and perhaps expanded to a fumble recovery. A nice incentive to honor the defense and without things getting out of hand such as the stickers at Ohio Stste and FSU among others. Check the great story by Dunleavy during the week of the OSU game and where helmets stars and stickers originated.....yes it was at Rutgers and the brainchild of defensive coach Dewey King.

Saw this after I posted...sign me up!!!!

Dear Lord NO...But maybe anyone who forces turnovers gets their choice of apple or cherry following the game?

We did have a turnover chain to a degree at one point...first documented use of a helmet sticker in college football was at Rutgers for getting an interception...

"The jolt of excitement Rutgers star Pierce Frauenheim felt as he returned an interception was matched only by his anticipation of what came next.

The year was 1961, the era of two-way players. And, at the instruction of defensive backs coach and master motivator Dewey King, Rutgers team manager Tony Oliva greeted players who notched an interception on the sideline with a helmet sticker."

How we have not tried to capitalize on this part of our history yet is mind boggling...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articl...rs_not_ohio_state_start_helmet_stickers_i.amp

-9486d2846cd2773b.JPG
thank you. I was going to point this out as well. Yet another RU tradition that couldn't be maintained. Now somebody else's claim to fame...nope, missed the boat.

besides, we'd go cheap and get one too small to fit over a player's head.

Reactions: MikeRU09
Here's one:

Or, write a chain letter to Al with instructions for him to mail a copy to each of his most supportive fans.

Wife saw the thread and said she's interested in getting me one for the holidays if it will help with the snoring ...;)

Miami has recruited talented thugs that win games when given real coaching.

What makes Miami thugs? Aren't we the school who's entire secondary got arrested before the season. Aren't we the school who had an NCAA investigation? Arent we the school with a former DB who's facing over a decade in prison for a home invasion? I haven't heard much of anything regarding any Miami player since Richt got there. Don't call people thugs when we didn't exactly have choir boys here either.

What makes Miami thugs? Aren't we the school who's entire secondary got arrested before the season. Aren't we the school who had an NCAA investigation? Arent we the school with a former DB who's facing over a decade in prison for a home invasion? I haven't heard much of anything regarding any Miami player since Richt got there. Don't call people thugs when we didn't exactly have choir boys here either.

Has a lot of players been in trouble since Ash was hired?

Did a lot of players get in trouble before Flood started cutting corners?

Please enough with the lame whataboutism. Rutgers and Miami have nothing n common... well... besides RutgersAl..

Miami has been doing it since the 1980's. It wasn't called catholics vs convicts for nothing.

Reactions: LotusAggressor
We should have one. Start Bolin next game and every interception he throws, he gets to wear the chain.

ADVERTISEMENT