ADVERTISEMENT

Should the league revert to playing the Anthem BEFORE the players take the field?

RUhasarrived

All American
May 7, 2007
Yesterday,both Michigan and MSU demonstrated on the field.Harbaugh says that he's now down with the cause.Apparently,he believes that donations will be maintained at the same levels as long as the team wins big.Perhaps he is right.In any event,the league would be doing the right thing if they avoided the situation entirely.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
It will just be a matter of time before the anthem will not be played at any event. You will find it at military, government and world sports events. Like school prayer and pledge of allegiance, it will be offensive to someone and replace with some PC theme.

Reactions: Rokodesh
It will just be a matter of time before the anthem will not be played at any event. You will find it at military, government and world sports events. Like school prayer and pledge of allegiance, it will be offensive to someone and replace with some PC theme.

You mean like our Alma Mater.
Ignorant intolerant meatheads protest and institutions fold.

Wow who hurt you

Yesterday,both Michigan and MSU demonstrated on the field.Harbaugh says that he's now down with the cause.Apparently,he believes that donations will be maintained at the same levels as long as the team wins big.Perhaps he is right.In any event,the league would be doing the right thing if they avoided the situation entirely.
Harbaugh is down with it? ...Well, hell that's good enough for me.. I mean he sleeps with recruits ...climbs trees and picks his nose and then eats his reward... I believe we all get the premise of why this is being done...the problem is that his alone will not reverse the racial divide in our country...it takes much , much more...how long do you continue with that protest...I say the players should refuse to play games going forward...

Yeah man, let's level half of a generation so that you won't have to hear from those uppity types any more.
I'll kneel to any member of the Greatest Generation who as a collective group made it possible so all of us can take either side of this discussion without any repercussions.

Anyone notice that last week New Mexico was not on the field for the anthem. Was that talked about?

You won't see it at West Point...but then again they have to stand at attention and salute! [winking] ...and unlike losers like big haired Kap...they've actually pledged to support and defend his moronic (my opinion) right to look foolish!

God bless America!:americanflag::americanflag::americanflag:

I'll kneel to any member of the Greatest Generation who as a collective group made it possible so all of us can take either side of this discussion without any repercussions.

I doubt any member of that generation thinks thinks another world war is a good idea, (well-deserved) greatness aside.

Sure, sweeping everything under the rug is always the best way to handle issues.

Reactions: yogalates
Simple solution. If you are on the "kneel/disrespect list", stay in the locker room and have a seat. Let the rest of the team behave like adults, and stand while the anthem is played. After the anthem is done let the rest of the POS's run onto the field and kneel. Give them five to ten minutes so the fans and the cameras can appreciate their protest.

Simple solution. If you are on the "kneel/disrespect list", stay in the locker room and have a seat. Let the rest of the team behave like adults, and stand while the anthem is played. After the anthem is done let the rest of the POS's run onto the field and kneel. Give them five to ten minutes so the fans and the cameras can appreciate their protest.
I didn't realize exercising one's first amendment right was childish.

I doubt any member of that generation thinks thinks another world war is a good idea, (well-deserved) greatness aside.
That was not my point.

I was just trying to convey that because of them it's nice we get to live in a place where nobody is saying, "check mal539's papers/IP address" if you come down with a different opinion than the group-think on this matter.

Get rid of all police and let anarchy rule. I'll load my guns and take out some of these assholes before they get me. Maybe even a few uber rich spoiled football types.

Reactions: bac2therac
I didn't realize exercising one's first amendment right was childish.
The problem is the First Amendment is now being used as an excuse by people who don't have a clue ...it alone can not fix our racial issues from past, present nor future...everyone is an American Patriot ...everyone is a human rights / civil rights advocate...everyone is a historian who knows the Constitution and Bill of Rights ...truth be told, if you ask an average citizen to explain what it means to them personally they don't know...they mimic the party line same as the Ultra Liberal Left...

Reactions: bac2therac
I think it's totally disrespectful coming from athletes. This is the same country that gave them a full ride to college (for college athletes) or hundreds of thousands if not millions for those in Professional sports.

I can understand, perhaps a patch on the uniform- or sign AFTER the anthum is played. One athlete (NFL) came out this week and upon interview said his father was a cop and discussed how cops are taught to "talk down" those with guns. Howeverf it isn't implemented in many parts of the country/cities. The prior is useful dialog for discussions.

If this was Russia these athletes would have been shot and killed by the government by now.

Anyone notice that last week New Mexico was not on the field for the anthem. Was that talked about?
Probably not uncommon. I know teams are not on the field during the anthem at Penn State games. I see more teams going to that procedure just to avoid controversy.

I have a much greater issue with the general ignorance required to support a cause that literally makes no sense. I have no problem with people protesting during the national anthem -- that is their right. I don't agree with it, but its their choice to portray themselves and their "cause" in that way.

Eliminating the national anthem or playing it to an empty field to prevent protests is an awful idea. Removing the venue does nothing but mask the problem. That's like saying if you think the country is heading in the wrong direction, stop watching the news. Nothing will have changed, you just won't be aware of it anymore.

Get rid of all police and let anarchy rule. I'll load my guns and take out some of these assholes before they get me. Maybe even a few uber rich spoiled football types.

Wait, what? You are unhappy about someone using the first amendment in a peaceful protest and you are going to take out your guns and shoot these assholes(blacks, since that is really who you are talking about)
No matter what side of the debate you are on...that is just a F'ed up view. Kind of scary

Reactions: PSU_Nut
ADVERTISEMENT