ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Any word on if/when there will be baseball and lacrosse season?

The baseball season won’t be cancelled until the team opens the season at Miami and our pitching staff returns to NJ with their tails between their legs.

Per Hobbs on a podcast this week they should know most schedules by mid-month. We will have 19(?) different sports competing this spring as all previously delayed fall and winter sports will be competing.

Reactions: Mr_Twister
Per Hobbs on a podcast this week they should know most schedules by mid-month. We will have 19(?) different sports competing this spring as all previously delayed fall and winter sports will be competing.
I'm glad those kids will get to have a season

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Let’s see Miami open the season up here for and see what the scores are. Maybe they can bring their powerhouse wrestling and lacrosse programs with them.

Miami baseball has 4 national championships and 25 College World Series appearances. Their 44 consecutive NCAA baseball regional appearances is an NCAA record. We should find another season opening opponent. Seriously.

Reactions: Local Shill
Miami baseball has 4 national championships and 25 College World Series appearances. Their 44 consecutive NCAA baseball regional appearances is an NCAA record. We should find another season opening opponent. Seriously.
I think Owens cancelled the series after last year. At least that's what I heard

Playing Miami in the NCAA regionals and College World Series is the way to go. No need to schedule them. There are plenty of other Div-1 opponents to play in Florida.

Reactions: knight82
Since the southern schools have rigged the system against northern schools, I would like northern schools ( possibly by school and not conference) to tell the southern schools to drop dead. Start their season in real baseball season, not the middle of Winter, between April 23-May 1. Have their own College Baseball Championship , either in Omaha or a big baseball city, Saint Louis it Chicago maybe. Have it end just before football camps open around August 5. Student-athletes are on campus during most of the Summer anyway. Tell the southern schools you have screwed us long enough.

There will be a lacrosse season...10 big ten games (home/home)...also potentially a few non conference games and the big ten tourney...there is zero reason these kids, all sports shouldn't be playing...I am glad they are...

Will there be a few speed bumps...yup. Kids are gonna test positive and that doesn't mean they weren't following protocols...positives happen to anyone we've learned that by now...

I would guess a mid Feb start....

Looking forward to it

There will be a lacrosse season...10 big ten games (home/home)...also potentially a few non conference games and the big ten tourney...there is zero reason these kids, all sports shouldn't be playing...I am glad they are...

Will there be a few speed bumps...yup. Kids are gonna test positive and that doesn't mean they weren't following protocols...positives happen to anyone we've learned that by now...

Looking forward to it
More than enough.

In a non-COVID-19 world I'd like to see 2-3 games a week and a later start in the Spring too.

February for a "Spring" sport is kinda silly.

There will be a men's soccer season in spring 2021 apparently with a Feb start as well. Schedule hopefully out by sometime in Jan.
My niece who plays soccer at Richmond (in the A-10) is also playing an abbreviated Spring season after moving everything from the Fall.

Reactions: RUnTeX
I've got it from a good source that some schools will be starting reg season games the weekend of Feb 13 (lax)...

That is not my Rutgers source BTW

A very wise man made this known earlier in the thread :Chop banana:

Looking forward to it
There will be a men's soccer season in spring 2021 apparently with a Feb start as well. Schedule hopefully out by sometime in Jan.

Heard RU lax begins Practice in the middle of January with its first game tentatively set for Feb 13th home and home in conference with 2 OOC games that have not be announced yet. Speculation is something g near Cuse, Army or Monmouth. Any OOC team they play has to covid test like the Big Ten. Which would suggest an ACC foe or an academy team. Monmouth is likely as it is close but RU would probably have to either chip in or pay for their testing.
ivies are potentially out as their teams have Had a lot of kids take the year off and I have heard they are waiting until The Ivy League confirms a season before they re-enroll.
I have also heard that Cornell may be attempting to ask the Ivy League to let them become and Independent for this year as they have had their kids on campus and will also have them on campus for the spring. So they could also be a possible match up.

AYN, which one is you?

ADVERTISEMENT