ADVERTISEMENT

Significant college trends

Certainly, even if it's not fully justified.

I'm in prime-child having age for my generation and I would be pretty OK to afford a house in central NJ in line with the one I grew up in. And I could do that working from home and moving to a good district. But someone who has to drive to RU everyday would be more limited.
If your last sentence is right, and I have no reason to doubt it, then I'm sure you understand that it poses a problem for recruiting and retaining quality faculty.

If your last sentence is right, and I have no reason to doubt it, then I'm sure you understand that it poses a problem for recruiting and retaining quality faculty.

I always thought Highland Park was professors' first choice. It's a close ride if not walk to campus, very good schools, very walkable. You have a lot of the best of NB but with more space and good schools. But yes, someone who is more McMansion inclined would probably be in East Brunswick or further afield.

I always thought Highland Park was professors' first choice. It's a close ride if not walk to campus, very good schools, very walkable. You have a lot of the best of NB but with more space and good schools. But yes, someone who is more McMansion inclined would probably be in East Brunswick or further afield.
I don't know enough New Brunswick faculty to judge. I do know that the housing stock is relatively old, which turns some people on but not others. I suspect that housing prices have increased a lot there in part due to growth in the Orthodox Jewish population.

Last edited:
Reactions: NotInRHouse
ADVERTISEMENT