ADVERTISEMENT

Sitkowski has become the football board's version of Peter Kiss

knight82

All American
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2002
Constant threads about him brings back memories of all the PK threads here last year

Until we schedule Bryant and Kiss hits a long 3 at the buzzer to seal a huge upset. Likewise with Sitkowski when he throws a winning TD pass in the closing seconds.

I disagree, Kiss is playing at Bryant while Art is playing at B1G foe Illinois. It should be very clear that Kiss was recruited over, while an argument could be made that Schiano’s staff didn’t give Art a fair shake when they took over.

I disagree, Kiss is playing at Bryant while Art is playing at B1G foe Illinois. It should be very clear that Kiss was recruited over, while an argument could be made that Schiano’s staff didn’t give Art a fair shake when they took over.
I disagree - he chose to go into the transfer portal. And the previous staff gave him EVERY opportunity and he was just bad. End of story...

stop it. Art was given a fair shot. He can not read multiple parts of a field, and did not in the Illinois game. He can only read parts of the field, or levels. He just did not fit into the system they want to run here.

Reactions: Kbee3
I disagree - he chose to go into the transfer portal. And the previous staff gave him EVERY opportunity and he was just bad. End of story...
stop it. Art was given a fair shot. He can not read multiple parts of a field, and did not in the Illinois game. He can only read parts of the field, or levels. He just did not fit into the system they want to run here.
im not trying to argue in favor of Art lol i’m just saying the comparison between his situation and Peter’s is not a good one

im not trying to argue in favor of Art lol i’m just saying the comparison between his situation and Peter’s is not a good one
fair enough. Truth spoken there. Very different situations.

The root of our O woes this year will be having a QB who can't throw downfield well, which allows the D to focus on a 15 yard box. Now, our QB can run which Art cannot, but that's what RBs are for. If your leading rusher is the QB, which he was on Saturday, that a big problem.

Hopefully NV will have few turnovers, which would be the only reason to favor him over Art. Fingers crossed.

The root of our O woes this year will be having a QB who can't throw downfield well, which allows the D to focus on a 15 yard box. Now, our QB can run which Art cannot, but that's what RBs are for. If your leading rusher is the QB, which he was on Saturday, that a big problem.

Hopefully NV will have few turnovers, which would be the only reason to favor him over Art. Fingers crossed.
True but if you watch IL play they don’t trust Art to throw downfield either. He dropped in one beautiful deep ball vs Nebraska. The rest have been dinks and dunks. No throws down the middle either (like Vedrals TD pass to Haskins vs Cuse). If you can’t trust him to make reads what good is his arm strength?

I just saw him vs UVA this weekend. As soon as you get him moving his feet he is a disaster. Has strong arm but doesn’t see the field.

Art is still in a power 5 conference, the B1G. Kiss couldn't stay in a major conference, and went to some team I can't even remember. Art was a big recruit. Kiss was not even close. RU has questions at Art's former position here--QB. RU had lots of guys who could do what Kiss did and were indisputably way better. Art left on his own, while there's a significant chance that Kiss was given a signal that leaving wouldn't be a bad idea.

Other than that they both are gone, the similarities are slim to none.

Kiss is at Bryant, former home of Coach Owens. Met him twice at the Open Practice before the season. Walked way up the bleachers to say hello and chat. Seems like a really nice kid. Wish him well.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Last weekend, it looks like Artur didn't play in Illinois's 13-9 loss to Purdue. Ouch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT