ADVERTISEMENT

Sitkowski

If Artur has a major improvement (fixes his happy feet, does not lock in on receivers, etc.) and tur

• Total voters

RUinPAC10land

All Conference
Jul 30, 2011
La Canada Flintridge, CA
My sentence got cut off. (my apologies)

Question: If Artur has major improvements (fixes happy feet, does not lock in on receivers, etc and turns into an average B1G QB (55% completion rate, 200 yards/game, 1-3 TDs/game, 1-3 sacks/game and 0-2 interceptions/game), what is your prediction for the year. Why?

BTW please tone down the hate.

I went with 6 wins out of the following 8 games. Liberty, UMass, BC, Maryland, Indiana, Illinois, TTFP and Minnesota.

Last edited:
I went with 4 wins. Seems like way too many holes on the team outside of QB play. But if Art or any other starting QB fixes those issues you state and has at least an average year, then Ash is really on the hotseat to get to a bowl. Right now, if QB play is just as bad as ever but the rest of team is looking a little better, he will have a built in excuse and can say we only need to fix one position.
If QB position is fixed, then is no longer any excuse.

Reactions: beaced
This season has 2-11 written all over it. Where have we improved? I hope I am wrong, but then again, it will be "successful" if Ash is canned.
Good point. We maybe improve at linebacker and our RBs are another year older. Other than that we're either worse or the same at every other position group.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
The OL was terrible last year, to totally blame Art is not fair. 1st year QB in a new system with no protection and in 3rd and long every set of downs. I am glad he is still alive. Ash has this year to show me something, but I doubt it.

Reactions: NickKnight 1

Question: If Artur has major improvements (fixes happy feet, does not lock in on receivers, etc and turns into an average B1G QB (55% completion rate, 200 yards/game, 1-3 TDs/game, 1-3 sacks/game and 0-2 interceptions/game), what is your prediction for the year. Why?

I went with 6 wins out of the following 8 games. Liberty, UMass, BC, Maryland, Indiana, Illinois, TTFP and Minnesota.

You really didn'tnexpect to tone down the hate did you? I have no expectations for this year other than watching the games, rooting for RU, and hoping for a competitive team.

Reactions: KevH and RUinBoston
I hate polls but am somehow drawn to them. I wish I could go half full but I can't. When I see a Purdue pillaging South Jersey like we were not even here and Temple who we used to piss on grab talent from down there and Michigan do their usual wait until the end and pick the top shelves clean I get weepy .And honest about who we are.

IF Carter remains healthy, Sitkowski will see action in 4 games and Redshirt.

giphy.gif

If that happens Sitkowski will transfer and the QB room will be a wasteland.

Sitkowski is not the problem. An AAC OL and WRs that cannot separate are the problem.

No he won’t. Carter is likely going to start unless Art does a 180 in August. Art is definitely part of the problem. The receivers weren’t very good, but they were open a lot more than Art’s numbers show. OL wasn’t bad enough to justify his performance either.

I think a redshirt year would be great for Art and will help his development since it’s purely a mental issue for him.

Way too harsh on Art. Offensive line was suspect at best and WRs could never separate and if they did, they could not catch. Coaching was suspect too. From day one we should have been throwing to our strength, the RBs out of the backfield. SMH.

Reactions: joshk ru03

I think the team in a best case scenario can get to 5 wins. That would be best case and in addition to Art (or whoever wins the QB job) performing at the bare minimum level you note you will need WR to finally step up and be playmakers (last one was Grant), a serviceable OL (last one was the 2014 line), health (keys here a Blackshear and Pacheco), and a DL that does not get rolled over (last one was 2014). Those are a lot of variables to just get to 5 wins.

I want Ash to succeed because that means Rutgers is succeeding. However, his early missteps will cost him dearly. I think if he had done the things he is doing now at the onset Rutgers would be in a different position. Unfortunately, in the end it may be too little too late for him.

If he fixes his happy feet that means he feels comfortable in the pocket, because the OL is providing adequate protection. If, and that's a big if, that happens, I'm going with six wins.

Reactions: NickKnight 1
You mean like this?

KY5XQMC2JJFRNK272DW7AONEZA.gif

Not exactly - I was thinking about throws before the WR even looked back. But it's all part of bad feeding off bad. OL weak, Questionable QB under pressure, no time for WR to get open. Please see my Dumpster Fire post for more info.

Last edited:
That "AAC OL" gave up 16 sacks against B1G EAST defenses last year.
On it's face that is good. But passing attempts matter.

Other B1G stats:

Thorson, NW-- 35 sack/489 attempts- 1 sack/14 attempts

Blough, Purdue 28 sacks/462 attempts=1 sack per 16.5 attempts.

McSorley, PSU 27 sacks/361 att=1 sack/13.4 attempts

Ramsey, IND- 27 sack/447 att=1 sack/16.5 attempts

Martinez, NEB- 23 sack/347 att=1 sack/15.1 attempts

Patterson, MI- 22 sack/325 att=1 sack/14.8 attempts

Lewerke, MSt= 19 sack/339 att= 1 sack/17.8 attempts

Annexstad, MINN- 16/187= 1 sack/11.8 attempts

Bush, ILL, 15/217- 1 sack/14.5 attempts

Hornibrook, WI- 14/205-- 1 sack/14.6 attempts

Sitkowski--12/273--1 sack/22.75 attempts.

On this stat alone, it seems that the Rutgers OL did a stellar job of protecting Artur, as he was sacked at a much lower rate per attempt than the other B1G QBs listed. However, perhaps other stats such as completion % and INTs, which we know are low for Artur. But it is better to throw the ball away for an incompletion than take a sack. INTs are another story

Just from watching spring practices. Sitkowski continues to develop.

Wrong again. Sitkowski had an unimpressive Spring, throwing the ball and checking down to the best option. He looks the same he looked at IMG when they benched him. Unless Carter is injured or Sitkowski shows a huge jump in improvement in August, Carter will start. Ash and staff know their careers depend on winning some games this year, and they painfully saw what Sitkowski did in live action last season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bilderberg_News
ADVERTISEMENT