ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Slight rankings bump for 2020 F Mawot Mag

I thought the same with Reiber. If he’s a legit 6’9 I’ll be surprised.

And everyone on the court is probably about an inch or inch and a half shorter than their roster height. Can wait to see how he does on the court.
College heights are notoriously inflated. What did they have Salvi at, 6-7 or 6-6? Probably no more than 6-5, but it didn't matter with his motor.

Reactions: Scarlet83
Do you also take pins to balloon parties?
I hear the dogs at Rutts are a half inch shorter then advertised...lol
It's OK to exaggerate by half an inch. Mag will be a little undersized underneath, but can bring some intangibles. Once we got Cliff, all is good. Sorry for the negative comment.

It's OK to exaggerate by half an inch. Mag will be a little undersized underneath, but can bring some intangibles. Once we got Cliff, all is good. Sorry for the negative comment.
Lol....its all good Hut. Let it "ripper". :)

Reactions: RutHut
College heights are notoriously inflated. What did they have Salvi at, 6-7 or 6-6? Probably no more than 6-5, but it didn't matter with his motor.
And Joel along with Rashod on the boards was a great combo.

Only on an RU board would fans talk about good players who signed with the program complain about those players being shorter than listed. What a bunch of idiots. No reply needed - facts are facts.

Only on an RU board would fans talk about good players who signed with the program complain about those players being shorter than listed. What a bunch of idiots. No reply needed - facts are facts.
He could be 6’4” as long as Pikes ok I’m good with Mawot.

Reactions: Knightmoves
Kent was listed at 6’6” and even 6’7” by some but was really 6’4.5 to 6’5”. That said, he was one of the best players for Rutgers in the last 3 decades. Amazing athlete. If he could have developed an 8 to 10 foot jumper and shot 60% ft, he would have been all-Big East. Sad ending to his later life.

Reactions: rume
Kent was listed at 6’6” and even 6’7” by some but was really 6’4.5 to 6’5”. That said, he was one of the best players for Rutgers in the last 3 decades. Amazing athlete. If he could have developed an 8 to 10 foot jumper and shot 60% ft, he would have been all-Big East. Sad ending to his later life.

what happened to Kent ? I know he went to jail but figured he was out by now.

Rashad Kent dominated around the glass without being tall.

This kid looks great to me. We shall see.
As I mentioned a few days ago... Kent and Salvi all undersized at 6’4” and 6’5” but bangers underneath ...tenacious ... fierce...

Last I heard, Kent has turned his life around and is doing well. He's in the music industry. He attended a Lil Wayne record release party earlier this year.

https://www.faded4u.com/2020/02/young-money-republic-records-celebrate.html

Reactions: LC-88 and RutHut
Rashod’s classic move was feigning injury to allow someone else to take his foul shots then coming back out of the tunnel and into the game seconds later for the next possession. He did that numerous times in his career. It got to be pretty hilarious, and of course obvious too. Must have driven opposing coaches crazy.

Would it be hypocritical for anyone in this thread to mention how our length helps us on defense next year? I mean, we're all in agreeance that it's a non-factor right?

When Rashod backed his 265 lb butt into a defending opponent it was all over... 6’4” but yes could leap.
I'm not sure it was the height but how quickly he could jump.. again and again.. lots and lots of tips to himself. He really should have developed more lateral-movement shots because going straight up got him blocked fairly often.. but he'd pull down the block and go back up before the other guy landed.

I'm not sure it was the height but how quickly he could jump.. again and again.. lots and lots of tips to himself. He really should have developed more lateral-movement shots because going straight up got him blocked fairly often.. but he'd pull down the block and go back up before the other guy landed.
Rashod loved to take a pass inside and go up in the face of the defender. Once he established position on the block it was over... if he could have shot from 10-12 and better on free throws he would have been All Bigeast for sure.

Rashod loved to take a pass inside and go up in the face of the defender. Once he established position on the block it was over... if he could have shot from 10-12 and better on free throws he would have been All Bigeast for sure.
He'd get fouled on his second or third attempt on the same shot..
picture this:
- gets the ball in the block.. pump fake
- goes up.. get blocked off the backboard
- kent goes right back up and grabs it and goes back up gets fouled.. ball goes in
- kent misses FT

When we got better.. Kent wouldn't set up inside much at all (depends on opponent).. he'd keep the middle open for guards to drive.. he'd get long boards and beat his man to the hoop with it.. avoiding getting fouled

Last edited:
He'd get fouled on his second or third attempt on the same shot..
picture this:
- gets the ball in the block.. pump fake
- goes up.. get blocked off the backboard
- kent goes right back up and grabs it and goes back up gets fouled.. ball goes in
- kent misses FT

When we got better.. Kent wouldn't set up inside much at all (depends on opponent).. he'd keep the middle open for guards to drive.. he'd get long boards and beat his man to the hoop with it.. avoiding getting fouled
Well , I believe when we get back to sports, basketball under coach Piekell will be fine.

ADVERTISEMENT