ADVERTISEMENT

Smikle earns 3rd B1G Freshman of the Week award

I'd bet $$$ Maryland is snooping around already, like when they snatched Diamond Miller. Diamond Johnson as well doing good things NC State.

I'd bet $$$ Maryland is snooping around already, like when they snatched Diamond Miller. Diamond Johnson as well doing good things NC State.
Well, there was really no good reason for Diamond Johnson to stay.

Someone I know suggested that Smikle does not (currently) have a lot of obvious reasons to stay. Which is to say, she may love the coaches, the school or other factors we know nothing of. But otherwise - while I am very convinced that Coach Washington is going to turn things around, especially seeing the effort on the court, I'm not sure there is any evidence that it isn't going to take a couple of years.

And, as I have read repetitively recently, the portal offers an opportunity to move to a bigger stage quickly, having shown what you can do.

I'm not real happy about the way folks move on, but I can understand it.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Would also be nice if HS recruiting would yield some players that Kaylene would like to become teammates with here at Rutgers over the next few years. Unless I'm missing something, recruiting front has been very, very quiet. I was hoping with the assistants Coach brought on board, we would have seen some excitement from HS seniors and juniors. Go RU!

Last edited:
Would also be nice if HS recruiting would yield some players that Kaylee would like to become teammates with here at Rutgers over the next few years. Unless I'm missing something, recruiting front has been very, very quiet. I was hoping with the assistants Coach brought on board, we would have seen some excitement from HS seniors and juniors. Go RU!
This^^^^. Players need a reason to stay beyond $$$ as we are bringing a knife to a gun fight as far as that arena is concerned.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
There are some connections to Rutgers for Kaylene that may play a part in her decisions - her brother or cousin (?) Jordan is on the football team and another relative was a Graduate Assistant for the football team in 2005-2006. Hopefully that and the fact that Coach seems to be a very positive person to play for will help keep her here as her future is very bright.

ADVERTISEMENT