ADVERTISEMENT

Snorweah Leaving Rutgers

Can’t blame the kid if he decides to leave. I am not buying the fact the kid wasn’t good enough to play here . Ash choosing the wrong running backs is well documented ..i.e Goodwin over hicks/Martin.

Can’t blame the kid if he decides to leave. I am not buying the fact the kid wasn’t good enough to play here . Ash choosing the wrong running backs is well documented ..i.e Goodwin over hicks/Martin.
He might be good enough to play here but third string at best and that’s only if he could hold off 2 high quality freshmen coming in for that spot. He’s making the best decision for himself in his final year and playing time is his priority and you can’t blame him at all and hopefully he will get that at a lower level.

Reactions: satnom
He might be good enough to play here but third string at best and that’s only if he could hold off 2 high quality freshmen coming in for that spot. He’s making the best decision for himself in his final year and playing time is his priority and you can’t blame him at all and hopefully he will get that at a lower level.

Agreed. I am not sure if he’s good enough to play here . My point is ash can’t really be trusted on personnel decisions and he has proven that.

everyone wants to blame Capt Smith for the sinking of the Titanic... in fact it was Asholius Ash that sunk her

Reactions: RUmonster
To be fair, the guy Ash thought was better is also in the NFL and had a pretty good rookie season. Ash deserves a lot of criticism but this was not one of them.

I won’t say it’s criticism. Just that I really don’t believe ash or the offensive people he hires know what the hell they are doing . I don’t think many of us idiots here would have chosen the wrong starting quarterback 3 years in a row.

Got to wonder if this has been in the works for some time now. Did Ash know this was coming and turn the spring game into an audition for Charles? Or am I giving Ash too much credit?

Reactions: RUhasarrived
To be fair, the guy Ash thought was better is also in the NFL and had a pretty good rookie season. Ash deserves a lot of criticism but this was not one of them.

I think Vokolek (and Jackson, though I can see more why he would leave) transferring was much more telling than Snorweah. IMO Snorweah seems like Rocket Williams with a better attitude...though I do agree with Plum Street’s sentiments on Ash’s decisions for personnel on offense (as evidenced by pretty much all of last year except for when Pacheco played).

Joe P.

Last edited:
Reactions: NotInRHouse
Snorweah was a big talent in high school and we don't see the practices and scrimmages but sure seems like he could have been given some touches in real games. We had plenty of blow outs where Ash could have put him in the game to see what he can do or maybe be a spark for us late in a game. Good luck to him. This is turning out to be a loooong spring after all the hype over the highly ranked recruits visiting.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Martin wasn’t good enough for Ash, but he’s good enough for the New York Giants. Lol. Guy is a joke.
Martin lead the team in carries ash’s first year and was second behind Gus Edwards ash’s second year. The same Gus Edwards who is an nfl starter and ran for 760 yards last year right? You guys get that right? I mean ash’s record is what it is but is the false narrative really necessary?

Snorweah was a big talent in high school and we don't see the practices and scrimmages but sure seems like he could have been given some touches in real games. We had plenty of blow outs where Ash could have put him in the game to see what he can do or maybe be a spark for us late in a game. Good luck to him. This is turning out to be a loooong spring after all the hype over the highly ranked recruits visiting.
Who offered besides rutgers? Who sits so he can provide a late game spark?

What about the wrong QBs? Art over Flacco. 2 years of gio on the bench. Give me a break.

Reactions: Bilderberg_News
Considering none of the WRs can catch, there was opportunities to put multiple RBs on the field at the same time. Use them as RBs, slot receivers, etc.

Rutgers can't line up and push around any team in the B1G. The staff needs to find a way to get athletes on the field and run a gimmick offense.

Didnt read the link but did it say if he has a landing spot? If not, it will be telling if he decides on a P5 program or if he drops down for playing time.

Reactions: JoeRU0304
The HC doesn't make player decisions in a vacuum. He has input from the RB Asst Coach who last year was Nunz Campanile, a guy I greatly respect, as well as our OC, who has experience coaching in the NFL.

Additionally, as stated by Bethfan the guys ahead of Charles are both in the NFL with Gus earning a starting role with the Ravens. Fortunately the depth chart is made by a polling of fans.

Reactions: RUonBrain
The fastest guy on the team besides maybe Pacheco gone. Great. We will be looking back at this when after the Iowa or OSU game Pacheco and Blackshear are banged up, and we’ll have 1 running back and Art ... thin ice

Reactions: cicero grimes
Some of you are just trying too hard here. You want this guy taking Pacheco or Blackshears snaps? You really think a guy who basically didn’t get a single touch in 4 years is some secret stud?
Ash has done plenty wrong, but losing his 5th string rb is not one of them.

Snorweah was barely going to see the field this season, so......
kinda like Tom Flacco?
#asherror.
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT