• Fire him within the next 12 months

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Let him stay, but he's on thin ice

Votes: 57 29.7%
  • Keep him as AD

Votes: 111 57.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who the hell knows what actually went down and how much was the media out to make Hobbs look worse. I’m certainly not an insider, and I don’t think the insiders know everything. So with that, I’m pro RU. If Hobbs & GS get it done, all good by me.

We got our man to coach our football team. Hobbs is still in our team leave him to handle the other stuff

I think Roy knows not to mess with Gary

Dream Team
iu

iu

Last edited:
Not sure what really happened and at this point I don't care. Looking forward to everyone pulling their weight to get this thing going in the right direction. For once I feel, the School Admin, the Coaching Staff and the State Government are going to try and make an honest effort to get RU to good place.

GS said water under bridge...

As long as everyone knows that football drives the Big10 and their committed, doesn't matter if they had to be humbled to realized it...

Reactions: Scarlet83
They had a tough negotiation. They used the press to gain an upper hand. Hobbs looked like the bad guy but he was just doing his job. They got the deal done. They want to work together. Now we support him and the entire athletic department.

The "shoulder to shoulder" comment was the most interesting thing said in the whole press conference.

FWIW I do not think it seemed like Hobbs was being phony. In a certain way, he always this aura about him that can seem like phoniness, but in reality, I think he was being completely genuine.

As KingHigh said, Hobbs was doing his job. No one knows the truth about what happened, so it is silly to speculate who the bad guy is. I trust the SL and NJAM as far as I can throw them (Politi, not a newspaper). Hobbs is and has always been a guy who loves his job at RU, and wants nothing more than to succeed. I think GS is the same. Hopefully they can work together, because that will be by far the best result for all involved.

Gotta give him the benefit of the doubt on Schiano.. it is quite possible that someone poisoned him against Schiano and that's why we ended up with Ash and why he was resistant to hire him now.

It is also possible it was all Hobbs idea.. so I voted "thin ice".. keep an eye on him. If it weren't for football and the 150th BS I wouldn't have an issue with him.

Expect to see Hobbs move on when the new President is named (as I've said, it's similar to Michael in the Godfather waiting until their mother died before sending Fredo out on the lake in the boat). He saved his immediate job by finally getting the deal done, but he lost a ton of respect by almost blowing it and completely underestimating the fan backlash at the possibility he'd let the deal fall apart. And I know too many people who work with Hobbs and/or his staff directly, who are very critical of his performance, to think he has enough equity to hold onto his job long term.

Hobbs neutral, (for now). -Waiting to see how things progress in the future between GS and Hobbs.

If they can work together...great. If they merely stay out of each other's way and focus on their own respective responsibilities Greg...football, Hobbs...the other sports and fundraising...great. But if Hobbs tries to somehow impede GS from attaining the goals we all want regarding Rutgers on the gridiron...then definitely not great.

We shall see. It really all comes down to how Hobbs conducts himself going forward. (But hopefully he and Schiano can actually have an extremely productive working relationship.)

Can't waste time on the past. To make this work we need everyone on board. Just happy that is was Greg that was introduced today.
Now can we address the RU chant? It's not the Atlanta Braves Chant. It pointing the finger at the other side to get a response back as in U.

They had a tough negotiation. They used the press to gain an upper hand. Hobbs looked like the bad guy but he was just doing his job. They got the deal done. They want to work together. Now we support him and the entire athletic department.
I’m good with this and what @RUfooty says below...
Can't waste time on the past. To make this work we need everyone on board. Just happy that is was Greg that was introduced today.
Now can we address the RU chant? It's not the Atlanta Braves Chant. It pointing the finger at the other side to get a response back as in U.

Not only did he screw up the negotiations, the other coaches on his short list were losers. He's a dick.

The new president is gonna want to get Barchi's residue and stink out of the University. Starting with Hobbs.

Not only did he screw up the negotiations, the other coaches on his short list were losers. He's a dick.

The new president is gonna want to get Barchi's residue and stink out of the University. Starting with Hobbs.
Barchi really had nothing to do with getting Hobbs. That came from Chris Christie.

Barchi really had nothing to do with getting Hobbs. That came from Chris Christie.
Fair enough. Although he was interim and lazy ass Barchi couldn't be bothered to even pretend to look for a possible permanent AD with football experience.

Reactions: scottsdaleal
Regardless of all the drama with negotiations. It’s not the time to fire anybody. It is time to move forward raise more money and rally as many new members of RU Nation as possible.
If it were Greg Schiano 1.0 it might have been in his contract Hobbs be shown the door. 2.0 it’s water under the bridge. That’s maturity.
It would look very bad,” same old Rutgers” if he were fired now.
Come to think of it, it’s really not an option.
We have had enough drama here. Nothing to do now but build the program.

Regardless of all the drama with negotiations. It’s not the time to fire anybody. It is time to move forward raise more money and rally as many new members of RU Nation as possible.
If it were Greg Schiano 1.0 it might have been in his contract Hobbs be shown the door. 2.0 it’s water under the bridge. That’s maturity.
It would look very bad,” same old Rutgers” if he were fired now.
Come to think of it, it’s really not an option.
We have had enough drama here. Nothing to do now but build the program.
The last thing we need after yesterday's unbelievably exciting press conference is a distraction from a unified front.
Listen, this wouldn't have happened with out all of us banding together and making our voice heard. Loudly! We were all on board together. Than the media joined in. Than Trenton joined in...
Yesterday's message in part is we all have to keep the momentum going. The last thing we need now or in the coming months is a controversial firing to have us take our eyes off the job ahead. Hobbs stays. He and Schiano can easily coexist for the good of all of Rutgers Athletics.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT