ADVERTISEMENT

So far, no leaks, no leads, new AD has plugged one problem already.

ruready4somefootball

Heisman Winner
Nov 10, 2003
I think going forward, anything we hear that's suppose to be inside bull$hit, will only be what they want to feed us. All the supposed "insiders" that spend so much time trying to get close and be on a first name with the powers that be,will be shutout. You want info, pay up big time, and if you spill the beans, your cut off for good. There's a new Sheriff in town, and you guys are yesterday's news, and that's how this new AD needs to run the show.

I think going forward, anything we hear that's suppose to be inside bull$hit, will only be what they want to feed us. All the supposed "insiders" that spend so much time trying to get close and be on a first name with the powers that be,will be shutout. You want info, pay up big time, and if you spill the beans, your cut off for good. There's a new Sheriff in town, and you guys are yesterday's news, and that's how this new AD needs to run the show.
Upon which facts to you base these rumors of no more rumors?

Reactions: suggakane
The OP is clueless, the leaks were not coming form donors but from employees of the RU Athletic Department

th

"Julie, guess what I just heard?"
"I already know Kyle, I alerted NJ.com"

Reactions: biazza38
"In the coming days and weeks, you may read and hear rumors, speculation, opinions and concerns, regarding the football search. I ask for your patience and trust, as the leaders of your University help write a new chapter in our history." -Barchi

Good way to smoke out the rat with sharing of various rumors to different people in the department to see what gets shared out:
  • "GS has 36hours to make a decision"
  • "It is not going to be GS"
  • "It's going to be MC"
  • "We have reached out to Chip Kelly"
  • "We are talking to DM!!"
Of course we aren't getting enough "take it to the banks" rumors at this point and it is all likely just speculation. Just glad it seems that we are doing everything right in evaluating options and am hoping for anything > a Mario hire at this point.

"In the coming days and weeks, you may read and hear rumors, speculation, opinions and concerns, regarding the football search. I ask for your patience and trust, as the leaders of your University help write a new chapter in our history." -Barchi

Good way to smoke out the rat with sharing of various rumors to different people in the department to see what gets shared out:
  • "GS has 36hours to make a decision"
  • "It is not going to be GS"
  • "It's going to be MC"
  • "We have reached out to Chip Kelly"
  • "We are talking to DM!!"
Of course we aren't getting enough "take it to the banks" rumors at this point and it is all likely just speculation. Just glad it seems that we are doing everything right in evaluating options and am hoping for anything > a Mario hire at this point.
This is a very good point you made and may very well be the case. Of course, one person in this thread seems to know with 100% certainty where ALL the leaks came from.

The OP is clueless, the leaks were not coming form donors but from employees of the RU Athletic Department
You are probably correct and it doesn't have to be very high level employee. My wife worked as a secretary for a very high profile individual for many years at Rutgers at a time before the Internet took off, it is a shame, I would most likely be one of those "insiders" on this board feeding you guys information, now I am just a nobody, oh well, a day late and a dollar short.

Yes and no. Let's just say that their are donors who have connections both in the athletic department and with the papers.

Leaks leaks leaks.. with the history we have of political appointees on the BOG actively working against Rutgers using the Star Ledger... why do we need to look for leaks when McGreevy appointed several of them.

Perhaps the "leaker" had the agenda of pushing out an undeserving incompetent athletic director. With that agenda item accomplished, the leak has dried up.

One way to avoid leaks is not to tell anyone anything. I suspect that the coaching search information is being held very tightly.

Nuts, it's nice your trying to show other possibilities, but he seems to be "Deep Throat" of all things Rutgers.

??? The person I'm talking about has a special connection BUT doesn't directly work for RU, not sure if it's who your thinking about, but am not saying he was the only one, either, as there was/are inside as well.

??? The person I'm talking about has a special connection BUT doesn't directly work for RU, not sure if it's who your thinking about, but am not saying he was the only one, either, as there was/are inside as well.
Nuts, I was responding to you answering Tru2RU. He called me clueless, and you showed that maybe there's some truth to what I said, and maybe he isn't as connected as he always insinuates, which to me, is very nauseating,that is all.

I am still trying to figure where the information from your original post comes from, since you don't have any sources
Your right I don't,but your reading comprehension is poor. Where did I say it was the donors? You surmised that, and went with it. I said "insiders", not donors!!! Also said those that want to get close and be on a first name bases,again, could be lots of people around the program that don't have the money to be worth much of a donor, just want to be informed. I also said, if you want info,THEN pay up and don't spill the beans. There is the first and only time I mentioned donors, You ASSUMED I was talking about donors only, and of course, you ASSUMED wrong.

Your right I don't,but your reading comprehension is poor. Where did I say it was the donors? You surmised that, and went with it. I said "insiders", not donors!!! Also said those that want to get close and be on a first name bases,again, could be lots of people around the program that don't have the money to be worth much of a donor, just want to be informed. I also said, if you want info,THEN pay up and don't spill the beans. There is the first and only time I mentioned donors, You ASSUMED I was talking about donors only, and of course, you ASSUMED wrong.

From the OP "You want info, pay up big time, and if you spill the beans, your cut off for good"

You are obviously talking about donors in your first post, when you talk about pay up big time, so the reading comprehension problems start with you!

Nuts, I was responding to you answering Tru2RU. He called me clueless, and you showed that maybe there's some truth to what I said, and maybe he isn't as connected as he always insinuates, which to me, is very nauseating,that is all.

Tru2RU is connected.

ADVERTISEMENT