ADVERTISEMENT

So, gut feeling.....do we make a bowl?

seels2662

Hall of Famer
Silver Member
Aug 17, 2005
So for the next month and a half we are going to have a dozen threads analyzing games, position groups circumstances that could affect games (see NW right off the bat), predicting how many wins we should have. Lets keep the in depth analysis to those threads. This thread is more about how you simply feel about this team and where it should land. "I don't trust out QB, so no", or "I think the defense, especially the pass rush is really good this year, so yes". Things like that. Or go more in depth if you want. But I am looking more about how you feel about the team.

Here's my take.

I think we are good enough now that if we get a little lucky, we get a bowl. There were years that a little luck would have meant us losing by 1 touchdown instead of 4. I think this year a little luck means the difference between a win and a loss. What do I mean by luck? No major injuries (this has been bad luck with Schiano 2.0, case in point last year losing all of those LBs, our starting QB and then finally our RB and best weapon). Also a little bad luck on our opponents side, for example NW is having some bad luck right now as is MSU. Lastly a little luck in game. I haven't seen that in forever.

2023 has been a bad luck year so far, Mens basketball, baseball, lacrosse, wrestling, you can argue all had worse years than expected. Mens basketball particularly, as we did not see the NCAAs despite every expert saying we would.

I say we endured all the bad luck so far so we are due for a little good luck. So.....

Do we make a bowl?

I say YES.

What say you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.