ADVERTISEMENT

So I a making you Big Ten Commissioner

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
(Yes I am bored)--So here goes, I am making you Big Ten Commissioner (congrats on your $zillion dollar salary), but I am directing you to expand the Big Ten by four teams. This is my ball so you can't make up your own rules. You MUST pick two from each group:

First group---
UConn
Boston College
Syracuse
Pittsburgh
Temple

Second Group---
Old Dominion
Texas State
Texas-San Antonio
North Carolina-Charlotte
Georgia State
FAU
FIU
Louisiana
Central Florida
South Florida

Think football and basketball and think about long term demographics.

Reactions: RU#1fan
First group-
UConn or Syracuse
Pittsburgh

Second Group-
Texas State
South Florida

My picks

PaKnight is disqualified. Husker, your new job is Head Coach of the Creighton football team.

(Yes I am bored)--So here goes, I am making you Big Ten Commissioner (congrats on your $zillion dollar salary), but I am directing you to expand the Big Ten by four teams. This is my ball so you can't make up your own rules. You MUST pick two from each group:

First group---
UConn
Boston College
Syracuse
Pittsburgh
Temple

Second Group---
Old Dominion
Texas State
Texas-San Antonio
North Carolina-Charlotte
Georgia State
FAU
FIU
Louisiana
Central Florida
South Florida

Syracuse and Pitt from group 1
UCF and USF from group 2.

I'd randomly pick 2 from each group, and then wait for the B1G university presidents to turn them down. Then I'd recommend only adding 2 schools to get to 16 and pick 2 schools from the usual suspects: UNC, UVA, UND, UTex

First group---
UConn
Boston College
Syracuse
Pittsburgh
Temple

Second Group---
Old Dominion
Texas State
Texas-San Antonio
North Carolina-Charlotte
Georgia State
FAU
FIU
Louisiana
Central Florida
South Florida

With these choices, I'd kill myself.

Reactions: Giantfan82

First group---
UConn
Boston College
Syracuse
Pittsburgh
Temple

Second Group---
Old Dominion
Texas State
Texas-San Antonio
North Carolina-Charlotte
Georgia State
FAU
FIU
Louisiana
Central Florida
South Florida

OK I'll bite. But 1 question first, why does the first group only have 5 choices and the second 10?

That being said of the first group I would pick BC and Pitt. I would never allow UConn or Syracuse ever in. I would try to pass a BIG resolution that would permanently exclude them.

Second Group South Florida--we always did well against them and gets us back into Florida. Texas State--I think they are the worse of the Texas teams you listed and gets us into Texas also.

but whats the logic behind having those choices? why would you want any of those schools in our conference?

First group---
UConn
Boston College
Syracuse
Pittsburgh
Temple

Second Group---
Old Dominion
Texas State
Texas-San Antonio
North Carolina-Charlotte
Georgia State
FAU
FIU
Louisiana
Central Florida
South Florida

1st group UConn,Pitt,SU and USF.....borderline UCF,BC ....Temple has potential even better than BC and UCF....JMO...Outside RU I have a soft spot for the Owls...

what happened to Houston ,BYU or WVU as possible players?

Syracuse-Pitt
Think they might be a good fit. And no to uconn and BC forever.
Second group south Florida and then put the rest in a hat. Old dominion maybe. For Tom young.

If I was commish for you guys

East D
========
Penn State
Ohio State
Rutgers
Maryland
Indiana
Purdue
Michigan State

West D
=========
Michigan
Nebraska
Wisconsin
NW
Illinois
Minnesota
Iowa

With protected cross overs being Michigan and Michigan State Michigan Ohio State

Reactions: satnom
Of those listed, Pitt and Cuse. USF and UCF.

That said, what made you decide to choose between these teams? We are in the B1G not the AAC.

Now off the board, give me Oklahoma and Kansas for the west and shift Purdue over to east. Then call it a day.

if i'm B10 commish, i don't follow your misguided rules.

first thing, i eliminate PSU, Neb, UMd, and RU. (and i come out better financially for legacy B10 schools for doing so, contrary to what you might want to think), and go back to the pre PSU big ten line up.

Neb can go back to the B12, RU and PSU can get with WVU and some from group 1, plus UMd if they can't get back to the ACC.

RU fans should forget about what future B10 money means for them.

if they aren't a head coach, school prez, or AD, it doesn't do squat for them, so don't let those who's pockets it does fill, dupe you that it does.

you guys, (except the money counters), will enjoy your new regionally centered conference a lot more, and be more competitive.

the conference commishes and ADs have done no favors for the fans.

and if you want tv coverage, you don't need BTN or ESPN or even a cable bill at all for that. (cord cutters still get every game).

RU and every other big state school could have had every fball and bball game televised regionally for the last 50 plus yrs had the "powers that be" allowed it, and the internet can serve expatriated fans to video coverage of every game from here going forward.

we could, (and i have), debated the money thing, but regardless, even if RU gets 10 zillion dollars a month going forward, much of that money will end up in the pockets of very very few people, and it won't benefit fans, alums, faculty, or students, one cent, and your ticket and parking prices will still go up, up, and up, beyond absurd, even if the tv riches could easily support free admission and parking for all, and still leave plenty left over.

enjoy your new conference of RU, PSU, UMd, BC, Cuse, WVU, UConn, Pitt, and Temple.

lots of regional rivalries, most away games are an easy drive for most fans, and you guys should be very competitive fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: rubigtimenow

First group---
UConn
Boston College
Syracuse
Pittsburgh
Temple

Second Group---
Old Dominion
Texas State
Texas-San Antonio
North Carolina-Charlotte
Georgia State
FAU
FIU
Louisiana
Central Florida
South Florida

"No" to those choices. First, ND and Kansas. Perennial, national football and basketball powers. Then Cuse, Uconn.

if i'm B10 commish, i don't follow your misguided rules.

first thing, i eliminate PSU, Neb, UMd, and RU. (and i come out better financially for legacy B10 schools for doing so, contrary to what you might want to think), and go back to the pre PSU big ten line up.

Neb can go back to the B12, RU and PSU can get with WVU and some from group 1, plus UMd if they can't get back to the ACC.

RU fans should forget about what future B10 money means for them.

if they aren't a head coach, school prez, or AD, it doesn't do squat for them, so don't let those who's pockets it does fill, dupe you that it does.

you guys, (except the money counters), will enjoy your new regionally centered conference a lot more, and be more competitive.

the conference commishes and ADs have done no favors for the fans.

and if you want tv coverage, you don't need BTN or ESPN for that.

RU and every other big state school could have had every fball and bball game televised regionally for the last 50 plus yrs had the "powers that be" allowed it, and the internet can serve expatriated fans to video coverage of every game from here going forward.

we could, (and i have), debated the money thing, but regardless, even if RU gets 10 zillion dollars a month going forward, much of that money will end up in the pockets of very very few people, and it won't benefit fans, alums, faculty, or students, one cent, and your ticket and parking prices will still go up, up, and up, beyond absurd, even if the tv riches could easily support free admission and parking for all, and still leave plenty left over.

enjoy your new conference of RU, PSU, UMd, BC, Cuse, WVU, UConn, Pitt, and Temple.

lots of regional rivalries, most away games are an easy drive for most fans, and you guys should be very competitive fast.
Holy Mackerel!:eek: Who pissed in your Cheerios this morning? Guess what genius, the Southwest conference isn't coming back anytime soon either. We're here to stay in the B1G, Learn it, Know It, Live it

Last edited:
He said we can't change the rules, so what the hell? Just for kicks anyway.

Pittsburgh
Syracuse
UCF
USF

Reasons should be obvious. Just glad it's not the real choice

Does B1G still require AAU membership? If so, many of these choices are non choices

If AAU is required, then only Pittsburgh qualifies.

(AAU was never a requirement, just a preference)
OK- I thought it was at least a hard requirement at time of membership. But wasn't sure

ADVERTISEMENT