ADVERTISEMENT

So much for 39-0.

RU848789

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Metuchen, NJ
There goes the undefeated season, lol. Shaq's opening dunk was awesome and it quickly went downhill from there. SJU is better than we are, but not 20+ points better - they simply had an extraordinary shooting night (16-28 from downtown before they pulled their starters) and we had a lousy shooting night from three and from the FT line again. They also exposed our biggest weakness - quickness at the guard spots, as we couldn't both stop their penetration and the open threes, so we settled for stopping their penetration and they crushed it from three, but then again, their guards are top top players. Geo and Kiss didn't play very well on defense and weren't much better on offense. I still like our team, but we're going to struggle sometimes and tonight was one of those times. Too bad, because it was almost a sellout and the crowd was dying to go crazy, but there wasn't enough to go crazy about. We need to do better against a good EMU team on Monday.

Reactions: DJK8
There goes the undefeated season, lol. Shaq's opening dunk was awesome and it quickly went downhill from there. SJU is better than we are, but not 20+ points better - they simply had an extraordinary shooting night (16-28 from downtown before they pulled their starters) and we had a lousy shooting night from three and from the FT line again. They also exposed our biggest weakness - quickness at the guard spots, as we couldn't both stop their penetration and the open threes, so we settled for stopping their penetration and they crushed it from three, but then again, their guards are top top players. Geo and Kiss didn't play very well on defense and weren't much better on offense. I still like our team, but we're going to struggle sometimes and tonight was one of those times. Too bad, because it was almost a sellout and the crowd was dying to go crazy, but there wasn't enough to go crazy about. We need to do better against a good EMU team on Monday.

Good post. The team was tight from the beginning. They seemed to put a lot of pressure on themselves. What I liked is that they didn’t stop competing. As they say, sometimes you tip your cap to the other team. Hopefully they bounce back against a good EMU. Still enjoy watching this team. Johnson is going to be a beast.

ADVERTISEMENT