ADVERTISEMENT

So When Will We Know About Corey?

If he's thinking about testing the NBA draft waters, he may want to wait until the tourney is over and any early declarations get made by other guards. The deadline to enter the draft is 4/29, so I'd imagine that'd be the last possible day we'd know.

Sanders should be flying back to NJ on Sunday and Strickland will be visiting on March 23, 2018.I doubt Sanders decision will be delayed until the filing date for the NBA draft.His decision really comes down to staying in college for his senior year or choosing a professional basketball option over seas or in the USA where he will get paid.The NBA draft isn't realistic right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: S_Janowski
Tai just landed in Tampa, visits RU next Fri

Looks like to this point, there hasn't been a verbal to Wisconsin, which follows the initial game plan of making a few visits and taking his time throughout, before making a decision....I am not sure if there are any other visits currently scheduled beyond these two (atthough I know Minnesota and DePaul have also offered as well.

Reactions: rume
What exactly is the point of the D League.I barely follow the NBA but it does not seem like minor league baseball or hockey where a fair amount of players make their way to MLB or NHL. What does the average player get salary wise?Is there substantial good coaching involved or is it just playing games?

Reactions: NewJerseyHawk
What exactly is the point of the D League.I barely follow the NBA but it does not seem like minor league baseball or hockey where a fair amount of players make their way to MLB or NHL. What does the average player get salary wise?Is there substantial good coaching involved or is it just playing games?

Picture the now named "G" League as a two-way street for NBA rosters to have depth under their umbrella, to call up a player and have them here in the USA, playing in NBA rules with training for referees etc....but make no mistake, the G-League, means an NBA team owns that players rights and they are in some cases, one injury from being called up to the NBA team.

There is a good contact of mine that expects there will be more pay increases for G-League players, but it's still 1/4 or 1/3rd of what a player can earn in Europe....There are 1st round draft picks from 2016 and 2017 that are in the GLeague, which shows how far it has to go, for an NBA team to invest time in their system.

The coaching should mirror what the NBA team prefers to run, which helps, but there really isn't a training ground for fundamentals and other items that a player can work on in college. The benefit of a senior season for a Sanders is to hopefully land his degree and get enough exposure that he does become an eventual G League player....the only way that can happen (just my opinion), is to get to a 3rd team all B1G level, where his play is clearly better or more efficient in the categories like assists/TO ratio, 3 point shooting and a lock down defender.

The other non-basketball item is can Corey show leadership in the spring/summer and bring a young roster forward by showing others how to play B1G basketball....that means getting others involved, trusting others to score and playing well without the ball.....and in crunch time having the ability to then get the ball, in spots, and being a go to offensive player that can not just play 1 on 1, but draw double-teams, find Baker, Mathis, Carter.....and if Strickland verbals, be a resource on game situations (along with Geo Baker).

Reactions: soundcrib
Tai just landed in Tampa, visits RU next Fri
"...just landed..." says Russ, as he hides behind a bush on Runway 2-B at Tampa International Airport. Then Russ be like:

8iNmW.gif

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about him or any transfers. Plenty of schools/players announcing departures.

It's the end of spring break. Players should be back on campus this week. Hopefully will start to hear more about any defections soon.

Sanders should be flying back to NJ on Sunday and Strickland will be visiting on March 23, 2018.I doubt Sanders decision will be delayed until the filing date for the NBA draft.His decision really comes down to staying in college for his senior year or choosing a professional basketball option over seas or in the USA where he will get paid.The NBA draft isn't realistic right now.

A guard who can't shoot the 3 and is not really a PG. Unfortunately, the world is full of guards that wish to play for pay. If he were 6'8, it would be different.
TL

ADVERTISEMENT