ADVERTISEMENT

So who’s the QB come Sept. 1 after what we saw today?

Be more worried about DL .....who ever is QB will benefit from a soild run game all 4 backs looked good. WR's made nice catches from deep balls. May come down to who wont turn ball over. Sit threw 2 picks no other QB threw a pick.

Where they on bad throws or was he being aggressive trying to force or make something happen

A buddy at the practice agrees. Said Sitkowski looked the worst of the three and is probably not the next "Saviour".
I said the same thing about Giants backup QB Davis Webb last week right here on this very board. That he's not the savior we all heard about should Eli go down. Then this week he lights it up going 14 for 20 / 1 TD / 0 int.. Point being, you never know?

QB Sept. 1st is Gio. Ash is risk adverse and this is the safest option. After Ohio St. it's anyone's guess. Get the inaccurate Gio from last year 1st two games, then they'll go with someone else to try and invigorate the O. Next up I would say Lewis, he's quietly gotten better.

Last edited:
IMO unless Gio is heads and shoulders better, iMO better to start Artur and let him get reps vs Texas State out of gate rather than after OSU game.

I saw Gio doing some pretty good things. Art was not on his game , but he still may start. I would start Gio and go from there. The kidcan win games while Art catches up. No harm in that so fans should not go crazy.

Agree. Gio gets us an easy W vs TX State, so that is the chalk pick.

Why do RU fans think Sit can start day one? He lost the QB job last season at IMG to a walk on. I see Sit as #3 on the depth chart when the season begins. JMHO.

Gio might be the safe bet and Ash will have McNulty use a ball control offense relying on the running game rather than use a freshman that needs to devolop more before being made the starter.
Sitkowski probably needs more work on his game to be starting material and his freshman season will be learning from practice than in the game in my opinon.
Knightmoves pointed out Sit wasn't the starter at IMG, the reason ( whatever it was/is ) needs to be addressed and fixed before he can be counted on to do the job as the starter.
Rushing him before he's ready this season might just do more harm than good.
Developing his talent this year as might be the best way to go instead of rushing him into being the starter before he's ready.

I can't believe we don't have a franchise QB at this point. It feels like a decade since turnover machine Nova

Reactions: RUaMoose
How do you know we don't?
Exactly! We could have had Joe Montana last year and he would have struggled with the inept way our receiver patterns were run.

It wasn't just running 5 guys on short stop patterns. When we had a guy put a foot in the ground and come across underneath, they had no idea how to sit down in the open area of a zone or in a throwing seem. They ran right into the next area of coverage.

The offensive coaching staff should have been able to teach these kids how to do that. There is some instinct involved also, but I don't buy the argument that every single receiver was inept. The passing game coaching just was not there.

It's going to look better this year no matter who starts at QB.

Does anyone think they would allow me to bring a pillow into the stadium? If Gio is the starter and we see the same things as last year, it's pretty much nap time during the game. Should have enough room in my section to stretch out and catch some zzzzz's.

Gio looks good until he gets banged up and can’t run ... if he starts this year and gets hurt he needs to sit ... play him until he gets hit which is probably game 2

This board must be filled with Phillies fans...turning on a kid after one mediocre scrimmage after the past 6 months of declaring him the clear cut starter (like Phillies fans an Cole Hamels)...hmmm...eerily similar to last year when the exact same thing happened with JLew at first he was the savior then by preseason camp everyone realized too much was put on him too quickly and he needed more development...why some of you guys don’t realize that Sitkowski while he has talent has a lot more developing to do is beyond me before he is a B1G QB...on the flip side Gio will never develop into being a B1G QB...so what do you guys want? To put a kid out on the field too early and potentially lose a winnable game early or throw Gio out there and hope the run game and defense can win the game that he manages and doesn’t make too many mistakes?

I would go with Gio for the opener. Give Sit a few reps. At OSU go with Gio again and focus on running the ball. Give Lewis some reps as well. Do NOT put Sit in for that game.

For the rest of the season, go with Gio, but give reps to Sit and Lewis. Take it from there.

Scarlet Jerry
There is no way they play Sit in the first game and then not at all against OSU...there would be no reason to sit him completely...what would be the benefit of not playing him at all against a top defense if you don’t have much expectations?

If Gio starts we are doomed! The guy is not Big Ten QB. He's not a QB period.

He has the most Big ten Wins as a starting quarterback in rutgers history (tied with nova, who is a hall of famer).
This is rutgers and what we do. You’re basically saying why bother?

Last edited:
Reactions: mikefla
I went to the spring game and had the opportunity to go to two practices with Sitkowski there.

He has the best arm in the camp at age 18. Better than Gio at age 21 or 22. He’ll be a Big 10 QB at some point. Gio is not.

Trust McNulty. The guy is the best OC that RU has had since McNulty.

last year ,some of the same guys, said lewis was our savior--consistency around here is to always go with whoever is the latest flavor--try trusting those that make the decision--the coaches

I would go with Gio for the opener. Give Sit a few reps. At OSU go with Gio again and focus on running the ball. Give Lewis some reps as well. Do NOT put Sit in for that game.

For the rest of the season, go with Gio, but give reps to Sit and Lewis. Take it from there.

Scarlet Jerry
That's a recipe for losing to OSU about 63-0.

Reactions: Knightmoves
ADVERTISEMENT