ADVERTISEMENT

Some football board members hearing it looks good...

for Ash to be fired this year and a top replacement brought in.

Anyone else hearing this from a reliable source?
"Top replacement" should be your first clue that this is probably just wishful thinking from someone who maybe has a contact with a low level inside guy.

Not saying that Ash couldn't be fired. But I'm sure people inside the program were confident that RU was getting a top replacement with the last hire.

IMO....The only way he is out this year is if we already know the replacement. I do not think he gets fired without a concrete plan.

Reactions: Scarlet Blind
Gone. Decent sized donor.
2260ba57-726a-4caf-820d-3ff1cdfcd3d6_text.gif

Gone. Decent sized donor.

If a change is going to be made then the RU Boosters are talking about it internally.

Of course RU will try to stick the boosters with the majority of the costs to make a change. So what happens if the boosters don’t come up with the funds?

Normally RU would do nothing and retain the HC ( Kyle Flood benefitted from this situation.)

But with its customer base dropping their season tickets in large numbers RU needs to invest in the program with its own funding. A disappointing crowd vs PSU will send this message loud and clear to our AD and Prez.

Just like everything else since Hobbs has been here...I have been hearing from a very reliable "inside" yeah, I know the term is used very loosly but he is, that there is no way it is happening because of the money and Barchi would not approve it.
Onnnnn the other hand...a couple of other reliable people I know that are more on the "donor" side, say that it is very likely happening.

So, both sides in this thread have most likely heard from very good sources, completely opposite things.

Both sides of the rumors can be right. If donors step in and fund buyout then it can happen. If not, won’t get passed barchi. Makes sense. Some people are hearing donors are on board. Some are hearing not.

Both sides of the rumors can be right. If donors step in and fund buyout then it can happen. If not, won’t get passed barchi. Makes sense. Some people are hearing donors are on board. Some are hearing not.
And here is the quandry...even if a donor or donors step up to pay the buyout, Barchi will still have to approve the new hire. And there is no ****ing way he would approve a top guy that would run us north of 4 mil

Reactions: rucoe89
for Ash to be fired this year and a top replacement brought in.

Anyone else hearing this from a reliable source?
yes,i heard BOG members who are pro football have talked,will meet together after PSU,and come up with plan to dump Ash.they will then meet with Hobbs once the $$ is figured out and get him on board to sell the plan to bus driver Bob.
Get Ur Popcorn ready!

yes,i heard BOG members who are pro football have talked,will meet together after PSU,and come up with plan to dump Ash.they will then meet with Hobbs once the $$ is figured out and get him on board to sell the plan to bus driver Bob.
Get Ur Popcorn ready!
Why would they go to Robert (Bob/Rob) Ash with this plan?

Get Ur Popcorn ready!
So we have donors willing to pay Ash his buyout, about $4 mil for a top level coach, and what, another $2 mil for the assistants this guys gonna wanna bring in? So, by the time you add this all up you are talking about $16 mil and I just find that very hard to believe. Sorry, maybe we find a way to buy Rob out, but then I would expect nothing less than us going cheap on the next hire, that is typical Rutgers, overpaying for a top level coach, that is not Rutgers. And let's be honest, we would have to overpay at his point, nobody at that level is coming here cheap.

I'm hearing the total opposite
Well then, we know how it worked out last time.
Hearing the opposite and no bobble heads can only mean IT is going to happen. We just need to know what IT is.

And if IT goes one way, this place is going to be a huge misery for another year. Fabulous.

So we have donors willing to pay Ash his buyout, about $4 mil for a top level coach, and what, another $2 mil for the assistants this guys gonna wanna bring in? So, by the time you add this all up you are talking about $16 mil and I just find that very hard to believe. Sorry, maybe we find a way to buy Rob out, but then I would expect nothing less than us going cheap on the next hire, that is typical Rutgers, overpaying for a top level coach, that is not Rutgers. And let's be honest, we would have to overpay at his point, nobody at that level is coming here cheap.
Ash doesn't have a lump sum buyout, he just gets paid the rest of his contract on his regular term, Rutgers is on the hook for that already whether he coaches or not.

So, to make a coaching change that is cost neutral for Rutgers the donors only have to come up with the money for the new coach and his staff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT