ADVERTISEMENT

Some football board members hearing it looks good...

This thread may forever epitomize the Knight Report jinx. It will be right up there with the Kyle Flood firing predictions. I am going to bring my bobblehead to the game Saturday to bring the jinx good luck.

yes,i heard BOG members who are pro football have talked,will meet together after PSU,and come up with plan to dump Ash.they will then meet with Hobbs once the $$ is figured out and get him on board to sell the plan to bus driver Bob.
Get Ur Popcorn ready!

Is that a thing?

Is that a thing?
nothing has been decided at this point,no matter what some poster put on RT about Asherror coming back next year.If all the money is raised,it with still be up to Bob B.Just have to find someone to explain this Power five football thing to him..

Touchy, touchy. I said that half this Board wants Schiano back and you come unglued because you think 70% here want him back?

Not everyone in this world thinks like you do. You may want to get used to that, or face more disappointment in the future.

You're right. 30% don't. You need to stop the BS if you don't like getting called on it.

nothing has been decided at this point,no matter what some poster put on RT about Asherror coming back next year.If all the money is raised,it with still be up to Bob B.Just have to find someone to explain this Power five football thing to him..
Does anyone have any insight on how this conversation goes down? This is a multi million dollar move of which the results will be very public and newsworthy. Kinda fascinating how the process is or will be going down.

And here is the quandry...even if a donor or donors step up to pay the buyout, Barchi will still have to approve the new hire. And there is no ****ing way he would approve a top guy that would run us north of 4 mil
Hearing Barchi hates football so much he's selling the program to the Steinbrenner family who will operate it as a separate entity and bring in Saban as the highest paid coach in sports history.

Unfortunately, I woke up and realized it was all a dream.

This! Just because people aren't openly rebelling about the hire from the start did not mean that they liked it. I was blown away by how un-inspiring the hire was at the time. It was disapointing, but I would give the guy a chance in hopes Ash would prove my resevations about the hire as wrong. Early on it was clear that my first thoughts were right when I saw some of the hires as well as the multiple de-commits of our highest rated recruits within days of face to face meatings with Ash. That raised the biggest red flag.

The guy had no personality or track record of being a good recruiter. Recruiting is the start of all success in college football. If you aren't mentioned as one of the best recruiters in a place like Ohio State that recruits itself, you have to be pretty much a zero as a recruiter. He was not considered a bad recruiter there mainly because the Ohio State name helps recruit kids. As @Kyk pointed out early, Ash is a “Garden Nome”. If you don't have a killer personality, stature is a necessity to get kids to take you seriously. Ash has neither.

Are you serious?
People here loved it. Now you’re claiming you didn’t like the hire. You want me to bump my post “ash will get us smashed”?
Show me your work . Didn’t think so .

Are you serious?
People here loved it. Now you’re claiming you didn’t like the hire. You want me to bump my post “ash will get us smashed”?
Show me your work . Didn’t think so .
Yes I am serious. Show your work! Bump your post. You will see that I responded fairly to a non factual statement that you made there.

Last edited:
Yes I am serious. Show your work! Bump your post. You will see that I responded fairly to a non factual statement that you made there.

What did you post? I am too lazy and non stalkerish to find what you said about ash when he was hired

Dr6-guZUwAIxMzb.jpg

Did someone say Costanza? Or Leach?

This is ridiculous, if I'm Ash I do the honorable thing and work out a settlement and bow out gracefully. I know he would be losing out on millions but I couldn't do it, I could not walk around campus knowing I'm holding this school's football program hostage by sticking around for a job that I'm not fit for. If we don't fire him and he comes back next year knowing full well he has dug himself and this program a hole they he can't realistically climb out of, then **** him.

This is ridiculous, if I'm Ash I do the honorable thing and work out a settlement and bow out gracefully. I know he would be losing out on millions but I couldn't do it, I could not walk around campus knowing I'm holding this school's football program hostage by sticking around for a job that I'm not fit for. If we don't fire him and he comes back next year knowing full well he has dug himself and this program a hole they he can't realistically climb out of, then **** him.
I wonder if he’s just going through the motions at this point. I don’t get the sense that he really cares or has the passion to lead and build this program. I’ve never heard him once try to inspire or give hope to the fan base. He often says “Rutgers” as in third person versus “we” and it bothers me. I know it’s not a promise but show vision to the fans. I can only assume recruits get a bland approach as well while our competitors are wooing them.

What did you post? I am too lazy and non stalkerish to find what you said about ash when he was hired
I did not say anything about the Ash hire. You said the nobody else offered Ash and I reminded you that he was offered the Syracuse HC job, but Urban Meyer recommended that he take the RU job instead. Meyer told him that winning in college football is all about recruiting and RU has a good recruiting base in NJ while Syracuse no real recruiting base.

Syracuse got lucky on that one. That does not mean that our basketball centric AD would have hired anyone better as a second choice had Ash opted for Syracuse.

Maybe you should start a petition to get Gary back? The comments from West Virginia fans alone should be priceless.
Always an honor to hear from you, O King of Sophistry. Also congratulations on this pithy post. You managed to make your point with less than 7 paragraphs, well done.

Always an honor to hear from you, O King of Sophistry. Also congratulations on this pithy post. You managed to make your point with less than 7 paragraphs, well done.
Uh-huh. So does this mean you'll set up the petition?

"Gary, Gary... Wherefore art thou, Gary?"
- graystork

If he comes back kiss 10,000 season ticket sales goodbye. That’s a real possibility. Some maybe for a long time. That’s big money and it’s not just for one year. Could take years to get those people back. If ever? It’s easier to keep a customer than it is to find a new one. 10 million will look like peanuts.

So since this clown has been there you drop from 30,000 to what maybe 12,000? :eek:

:flush:

Just like everything else since Hobbs has been here...I have been hearing from a very reliable "inside" yeah, I know the term is used very loosly but he is, that there is no way it is happening because of the money and Barchi would not approve it.
Onnnnn the other hand...a couple of other reliable people I know that are more on the "donor" side, say that it is very likely happening.

So, both sides in this thread have most likely heard from very good sources, completely opposite things.

Just adding to my post...The good thing is that is how an AD should do things. So glad the inside leaks under Julie have been eliminated. If we had someone like Hobbs instead of Julie, we would have either fired Flood and gotten a new coach after the 2013 season or we would have kept Flood and no one would have leaked that they were trying to cut his feet out from under him. He still may not have lasted long as a HC but I believe we don't lose half the recruits we did at that point.

@graystork I don't believe under normal circumstances that even 30% would want Gary back and even now, he would not have been first choice almost 50% of us but under these circumstances, you may be right, I would bet 70% or more would sign up for him now. The thing that sucks, is that is not a good thing...but pretty much the only smart choice we have.

Just adding to my post...The good thing is that is how an AD should do things. So glad the inside leaks under Julie have been eliminated. If we had someone like Hobbs instead of Julie, we would have either fired Flood and gotten a new coach after the 2013 season or we would have kept Flood and no one would have leaked that they were trying to cut his feet out from under him. He still may not have lasted long as a HC but I believe we don't lose half the recruits we did at that point.

@graystork I don't believe

@graystork I don't believe under normal circumstances that even 30% would want Gary back and even now, he would not have been first choice almost 50% of us but under these circumstances, you may be right, I would bet 70% or more would sign up for him now. The thing that sucks, is that is not a good thing...but pretty much the only smart choice we have.

normal circumstances that even 30% would want Gary back and even now, he would not have been first choice almost 50% of us but under these circumstances, you may be right, I would bet 70% or more would sign up for him now. The thing that sucks, is that is not a good thing...but pretty much the only smart choice we have.

Really, and in what world do you think it is our choice? Response is to your comment that it is not a good thing but our only smart choice

- graystork
Mildone, I’ve changed my opinion on online petitions and suggest you do as well. They’re an incredibly effective way to bring out the comedic genius of this board. I’d like to see more of them personally...

Hobbs should have maned up,admited his mistake hire, and can Asherror over the combined credit card 8 and the latest mess with the player threatening homicide and photo blackmail...telling Asherror..see ya in court.

What am I missing about the English language that justifies your continued forced use of this? What exactly makes it clever or even slightly funny?

What am I missing about the English language that justifies your continued forced use of this? What exactly makes it clever or even slightly funny?

I guess it’s like a hashtag...or upset alert threads...annoying, and ultimately meaningless

- graystork
Sorry mildy but petitions are sent to governmental officials and public entities, not private individuals, so unfortunately I can't help you. But may I suggest an on-line civics course so you can learn more about petitions?

I have no clue what you are asking me. Maybe it’s my old age

You said " The thing that sucks, is that is not a good thing...but pretty much the only smart choice" regarding the return of Schiano. My question to you was what makes you think it is our choice to begin with?

Mildone, I’ve changed my opinion on online petitions and suggest you do as well. They’re an incredibly effective way to bring out the comedic genius of this board. I’d like to see more of them personally...
I'm all for them now too. The fire Ash petition provoked some truly hilarious comments. I'm sure the hire Gary petition would too.

Reactions: RU Cheese
ADVERTISEMENT