ADVERTISEMENT

Some Michigan linkage

srru86

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
Behind the pay wall but the Detroit Free Press Story begins with
"Michigan football has struggled with Rutgers the past two years, winning by seven points or fewer on each occasion. Will we see that again this..."
While I appreciate the factual reminder to an arrogant fan base - in this case I don't think past performance is going to be a much of a predictor.

The AP Story has a similar opening but I agree with Tom Canavan "So while the Scarlet Knights (4-4, 1-4 Big Ten) have dropped their last two games against No. 4 Michigan by a combined 13 points, it's wishful thinking to assume it's going to be close when the teams play Saturday night at SHI Stadium."
Royal Oak MI Daily Tribune
No. 4 Michigan goes for its seventh straight win over Rutgers
It is interesting that many non-MI outlets that ran the AP Story the headline includes "Beating Rutgers hasn't come easy for No. 4 Michigan lately" Then the seven straight thing.

Wolverine Wire

Behind enemy lines: Getting to know the Rutgers football

Maize n' Brew

No. 5 Michigan at Rutgers Preview: Stepping away from the fray

A trip to Piscataway comes at the right time in Michigan’s season.

Can't argue much here - "This one is unlikely to hit 78-0, but this may be the last chance at a huge night game blowout in Piscataway for a while."

Or to expect "An angry Michigan team.. thrash Rutgers"
MLive

Big Ten picks: MLive’s predictions for Michigan State-Illinois, Michigan-Rutgers

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT