ADVERTISEMENT

Some of our fans…

You are right ... we limited the number of blow out losses and finished .500 in conference ... we will get that 9 seed (hopefully different result than ASU last time out)

Are nuts. The team is going to the tourney for the first time in forever and our fans are trashing Pike. Does he have his flaws? Sure, but he did what not her coach has done for 30 years. Applaud him this season and you can trash him next year.
The ones trashing Pike are imbeciles. Tonight's officiating can shove it up their a$$!

Pike is a good coach and we have a good team. The problem is the way we started set expectations sky high. And the fact Pike didn't get a good power forward in the transfer portal hurt us this year.

I would tell any jerk who says anything to rip our team or our coach should just stop watching. This was just a great performance by a very good team. They have two NBA players and it showed.

The refs are what they are. We are going dancing and that’s all that counts. Pikiell is a terrific coach. I thought Illinois would win the whole thing before the season started and they could definitely win this tournament.

Honest question though - which Rutgers team was better last year or this years team?

The team over achieved resulting in a NCAA bid which is a great accomplishment.The flaws are obvious and need to be corrected by better recruiting.

Reactions: RU MAN
Agreed, reading the game thread is just an embarassment. This team is going to the tournament, can't some of you guys just enjoy 5 minutes of this?

Reactions: ancienthooper
Really sloppy play early on along with a ton of questionable calls resulted in us never getting into the flow of the game and falling behind. Foul trouble made us less aggressive on the boards and credit to Illinois for capitalizing on that. Would I like to see Pike go off on the refs one time, yes but It’s not who he is and that’s ok. Ron looks to have some confidence back which hopefully carry’s into next week. A successful tournament would be a sweet 16 run IMO.

Reactions: bethlehemfan
Really sloppy play early on along with a ton of questionable calls resulted in us never getting into the flow of the game and falling behind. Foul trouble made us less aggressive on the boards and credit to Illinois for capitalizing on that. Would I like to see Pike go off on the refs one time, yes but It’s not who he is and that’s ok. Ron looks to have some confidence back which hopefully carry’s into next week. A successful tournament would be a sweet 16 run IMO.
Largely agree but foul trouble did not make us less aggressive on the boards. We need 5 guys to rebound and we didn’t have that.

Ouch my knee, Remember that some of the fans on this site are not Rutgers fans. It took me years to realize it. Some are on here every single day and are always anti Rutgers. They will go to the ends of the Earth defending other teams, the refs, the anti-Rutgers media. Some even use RU references in their names. They must have really boring lives to come on here and bash Rutgers .

Largely agree but foul trouble did not make us less aggressive on the boards. We need 5 guys to rebound and we didn’t have that.
I should have been more clear. My point is that our guys who get into foul trouble early have a tendency to not go after boards. To me that’s being less aggressive.

To your point as well there were many time tonight where nobody was on the defensive glass.

Reactions: bethlehemfan
never replaced him. Maybe if he had the summer workouts and more OOC Reiber could have. We'll find out next year
Maybe. But he never materialized to show Pike and us what he was capable of.

Stop being so rational - some of the nuts on this board are going to get triggered.

Are nuts. The team is going to the tourney for the first time in forever and our fans are trashing Pike. Does he have his flaws? Sure, but he did what not her coach has done for 30 years. Applaud him this season and you can trash him next year.
The fans that are trashing Pike are imbeciles. We haven't tasted the NCAA in 30 years and they have the audacity to complain? EFF them!!!!!!!

tonights game is meaningless, we are dancing, we were not winning the Big 10 tourney and we were not winning the Big 10 tournament

eye on the prize

Thank you

To win the big ten tournament Rutgers has to bear
Indiana
#3 Illinois
#6 Iowa
#4 Michigan

Easier to get to the final four then winning the. Bjg ten tournament ...and maybe much easier

The team over achieved resulting in a NCAA bid which is a great accomplishment.The flaws are obvious and need to be corrected by better recruiting.

what do you mean we overachieved? How did we overachieve?

after 26 games we are who we are. We are a good team with a good coach that is ncaa bound.

ADVERTISEMENT