ADVERTISEMENT

Something fishy is going on at Seton Hall

• Thread starter anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
  • Start date
A

anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy

Seton halls gotta be doing something sketchy. With how little they offer and how good theyre recruiting something has to be up. Today the #3 player in the country, a projected lottery pick, Trevon Duval is on campus. Kid plays at img so its not like hes just taking a quick train ride from nyc.

Something sktechy is going on there and wouldnt be surprised to see them get nabbed sooner than later

I don't know about this specific situation but Willard is the Harbaugh of college basketball in this area. He does everything within the rules that help filter players to that program.

Unless he is doing something illegal, "Don't hate the player, hate the game"

Duval is an Under Armour kid and Seton Hall is a UA school with a lot of upperclassman talent and a gaping hole at point guard next year. Myles Powell is also one of the kid's closest friends, and for a kid making what's basically a business decision, he's looking at leading a nice run in the NCAAs for a New York-area team, elevating his profile for the NBA.

Of course he's got plenty of fine options, but most of the other programs he's considering already have very good, if not great, point guards. So actually, it all makes perfect sense.

Where do you think he should go?

Seton halls gotta be doing something sketchy. With how little they offer and how good theyre recruiting something has to be up. Today the #3 player in the country, a projected lottery pick, Trevon Duval is on campus. Kid plays at img so its not like hes just taking a quick train ride from nyc.

Something sktechy is going on there and wouldnt be surprised to see them get nabbed sooner than later

Wow. Too funny.

Wow. Too funny.
Honestly I just dont know what would make kids choose seton hall when they have other decent offers. Seton hall doesnt offer much at all. They dont even have a real college vibe to them, its a commuter school

They have been involved with him for the last year. This did not just happen. Don't really care about SHU - just beat OSU

Honestly I just dont know what would make kids choose seton hall when they have other decent offers. Seton hall doesnt offer much at all. They dont even have a real college vibe to them, its a commuter school

It's called relationships kyk, the same reason why a Micah Clark is at RU, and not tOSU.

Be careful, because most power 5 schools can probably say the same about us. At least Seton Hall went to the National Championship game in '89, and they've won the Big East. In the same time our program has mostly been a laughingstock.

you know we went through this before and you got schooled yet you are trying again...stop before you embarrass yourself further

Wow. Too funny.
Not going to be funny if it's found out Trevon Duval was promised a free Pie with The Works at Bunny's if he commits to the Hall .
I understand Bunny's Monster Burger, with fries thrown in, is the usual offering [winking]

you know we went through this before and you got schooled yet you are trying again...stop before you embarrass yourself further
Nahhhh old head. That last thread made zero valid points. Points were awful.

SHU has recruited well for as long as I remember. And you're making the assumption a kid wants that suburban school feel. BB only schools always promote themselves as "Basketball is King here." And the Hall has had success on the court consistently.

SHU has recruited well for as long as I remember. And you're making the assumption a kid wants that suburban school feel. BB only schools always promote themselves as "Basketball is King here." And the Hall has had success on the court consistently.
SHU doesnt have either a suburban or city feel haha. The campus is a dump and its a ghost town on weekends. RU literally has both a suburban feel and city feel depending on which campus youre on

SHU doesnt have either a suburban or city feel haha. The campus is a dump and its a ghost town on weekends. RU literally has both a suburban feel and city feel depending on which campus youre on

they are going there to play basketball. They play at a great arena. Basketball is first priority at SHU

Reactions: RUJMM78
I hate Seton Hall. I hate the fact the only reason they are in the Big East and not the MAAC is that we didn't want to even go to the organizational meetings for the Big East because we were so tied to Penn State's all-sports conference idea. I hate the fact that diddly-squat little JC went to a Final Four while I was watching Craig Littlepage rack up seven- and eight-win seasons.

BUT can we stop this crap once and for all? "Someone big wants to go to Seton Hall, obviously they are cheating." Please. You don't think people will say that about us if we got good overnight? Some folks claimed Schiano was shady, remember? Why would anyone go to RUTGERS?

Seton Hall offers two things. It's a Big East school near NYC, and basketball is king. For a basketball player, those are good things. You don't need gazillions of dollars to play basketball at a high level.

So please, never stop hating Seton Hall. But let's not pretend it's some kind of basketball purgatory. As of right now, on this date, they are still better than we are.

For now ...

years ago I predicted that the new big east would slowly erode away, down to an atlantic 10 type of league.... fairly decent, maybe put 2 or 3 teams into the
tourney, but not be a league of the stature of most of the fb/bb power
conferences....

the one thing that has helped prop up the league since my prediction, is the continued success of Villanova, capped with the national championship.... I admit that this has surprised me.... it has for the most part derailed or delayed, a part of what I thought

Villanova still gives the league some juice...... maybe enough to catch the attention of a florida recruit such as this, wanting to possibly play for a team in the league.....

St Johns has faded....as has Georgetown.....the Hall has had a decent 20 win season, that long ago should have put them somewhere in the AP poll, but the best that does for them is about a 32 ranking.... Butler, the only other big east team in the poll, clocking in at 18

at one time you would have thought that St Johns and Georgetown would always represent.... no more..... the league has lost some of the glamor

just imagine the big east without Nova

Nahhhh old head. That last thread made zero valid points. Points were awful.

You got bashed into the ground by everyone.

Even RutgersAl thinks you're delusional. Only someone with their head shoved up who knows where would think like you do right now.

Reactions: biazza38
A lot of good that has done for the RU program over the last 25+ years.

Wherever Duval goes he will only be there one season so all of that "college feel, great campus, etc" stuff means little in this recruitment despite what you might read.

Also the Duvals are great at running misdirection with the media

Reactions: DirtyRU
Duval played AAU with Myles Powell......It's Duke, Arizona, Kansas, SHU and Baylor as a long shot....I don't know if SHU pulls it off, but more focused on RU's own recruiting....definitely wouldn't want any mud slinging if and when RU's recruiting ticks up....
Don't worry about that Rutgers doesn't play the money game so their will be no mud slinging taken place

Kyk gonna Kyk. I love it!

It's called relationships kyk, the same reason why a Micah Clark is at RU, and not tOSU.

Be careful, because most power 5 schools can probably say the same about us. At least Seton Hall went to the National Championship game in '89, and they've won the Big East. In the same time our program has mostly been a laughingstock.
Luther Wright...

years ago I predicted that the new big east would slowly erode away, down to an atlantic 10 type of league.... fairly decent, maybe put 2 or 3 teams into the
conferences....

the one thing that has helped prop up the league since my prediction, is the continued success of Villanova, capped with the national championship.... I admit that this has surprised me.... it has for the most part derailed or delayed, a part of what I thought

Villanova still gives the league some juice...... maybe enough to catch the attention of a florida recruit such as this, wanting to possibly play for a team in the league.....

St Johns has faded....as has Georgetown.....the Hall has had a decent 20 win season, that long ago should have put them somewhere in the AP poll, but the best that does for them is about a 32 ranking.... Butler, the only other big east team in the poll, clocking in at 18

at one time you would have thought that St Johns and Georgetown would always represent.... no more..... the league has lost some of the glamor

Fair post FWIW. The NBE is still in it's early days and up until last year with Villanova winning the national championship, although we got a good number of bids, there were very few sweet 16 survivors. It comes down to getting the coaches; and good coaches will get the players. Wright, Holtmann, Cooley, Mack, McDermott are all excellent coaches who continue to recruit Top 50 talent. Expect VU to go deep again, and Creighton lost one of the best PG's in the country to injury or they would too. Don't sleep on Mullin...he took over with absolutely nothing and they will be a tournament team next year without a doubt. And I don't know what happened to Georgetown and JTIII...that team has talent but is awful.

I expect Duval to go to Duke, and if he doesn't commit after his SHU visit this week, I doubt he will come here.

So because you're opinion of a school and their campus is that, that means every recruit in the country should agree with you. I swear you post about how every other school is a shit hole compared to RU. Stop drinking the Kool-ade so much

No shortage of delusional comments by the OP.

Let's review the facts here.

1. While Duval is playing in Florida, he is from Delaware and played 2 years from St. Benedict's.

2. As mentioned, he was AAU teammates with Myles Powell.

3. Seton Hall commit Myles Cale is a top 100 prospect and also from Delaware.

4. Seton Hall, IMG Academy and his AAU (We R 1) are all UnderArmour schools.

5. While it isn't Kentucky, the recent history with Seton Hall is good, winning a Big East Tournament, with their last notable PG recruit going to the NBA and (rightfully) earning legend status.

6. From a pure basketball standpoint, Seton Hall will be returning 6 of their top 7 scorers, return 4 starters (many of whom will be 3 or 4 year starters) and will immediate opening for a point guard. Compared to the other schools on his list, the path to 32+ minutes per game is a lot easier.

I'm not going to be naive and say that the recruitment of a McDonald's All-American is above board (none of them are), but let's act that Seton Hall is NJIT here and that their only selling point would be a briefcase full of cash.

conferences....

Still a good league. Butler, Xavier, Marquette, Villanova, Seton Hall, Providence, and Creighton are all good programs...still probably my favorite conference...like the urban city school vibe, and the overall competitiveness of the league.

Reactions: TruJerz
I dont know that SHU is doing anything sketchy......but I have always wondered how they get kids to attend
(for the record I feel the same about Rider)

It certainly IS in a horrible area, has a tiny campus & there are people that have NO IDEA what or where SHU is...and the tuition rivals the Ivies !....

I went to Cornell undergrad for a reason....the history.....AND that they wanted me to swim & play football
I went to grad school at Rutgers for similar reasons...the history & they gave me a graduate assistanship
I never even HEARD of SHU until I attended Rutgers

Basketball may be KING...but I see little else
I still have NO idea how SHU survives

This is just such a dumb thread: we all know why those kids go to Seton Hall. They have a direct connection to God!

Still a good league. Butler, Xavier, Marquette, Villanova, Seton Hall, Providence, and Creighton are all good programs...still probably my favorite conference...like the urban city school vibe, and the overall competitiveness of the league.
---
agreed...all respectable programs.... my point was that, because the football programs are no longer in the league, it would be tough to maintain the league as one of the best out there..... there are several factors that begin to work against a basketball only league....

I certainly think that any of the teams you mention could beat a top team outside the league.... I doubt, however, that there will be a return to the days of 4 or 5 big east teams in the top 15, for example....or six or seven teams going to the dance as we have seen years ago....

the league is perfect for the schools without football..... plenty of solid competition....

I dont know that SHU is doing anything sketchy......but I have always wondered how they get kids to attend
(for the record I feel the same about Rider)

It certainly IS in a horrible area, has a tiny campus & there are people that have NO IDEA what or where SHU is...and the tuition rivals the Ivies !....

I went to Cornell undergrad for a reason....the history.....AND that they wanted me to swim & play football
I went to grad school at Rutgers for similar reasons...the history & they gave me a graduate assistanship
I never even HEARD of SHU until I attended Rutgers

Basketball may be KING...but I see little else
I still have NO idea how SHU survives

Waste of an ivy education.

Has there been a bare-knuckles, drag-em-out SHU RU flamefest in the last few weeks? It's been a while, I've missed them.

No shortage of delusional comments by the OP.

Let's review the facts here.

1. While Duval is playing in Florida, he is from Delaware and played 2 years from St. Benedict's.

2. As mentioned, he was AAU teammates with Myles Powell.

3. Seton Hall commit Myles Cale is a top 100 prospect and also from Delaware.

4. Seton Hall, IMG Academy and his AAU (We R 1) are all UnderArmour schools.

5. While it isn't Kentucky, the recent history with Seton Hall is good, winning a Big East Tournament, with their last notable PG recruit going to the NBA and (rightfully) earning legend status.

6. From a pure basketball standpoint, Seton Hall will be returning 6 of their top 7 scorers, return 4 starters (many of whom will be 3 or 4 year starters) and will immediate opening for a point guard. Compared to the other schools on his list, the path to 32+ minutes per game is a lot easier.

I'm not going to be naive and say that the recruitment of a McDonald's All-American is above board (none of them are), but let's act that Seton Hall is NJIT here and that their only selling point would be a briefcase full of cash.
Good summary...you should work for Willard!

Seriously, nice win over OSU. My neighbor is from Columbus and I have to put up with all his BS during football season. Any chance to bust his balls....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT