ADVERTISEMENT

Something I am very happy with.

Dpgru

All Conference
Jan 17, 2015
For three years, under Ash, we saw a team that would be totally unprepared to play. Get punched in the mouth right from the start. Go down by two scores early and role over and die. The only good part was we could turn the game off early and watch something else. Yesterday we got punched in the mouth early, took the punch and fought back and made a really good game of it. Something I expect we will continue to see on those occasions where we do go down early. But even those should be far less often than in the past. What a difference non game day coaching makes.

Another astounding change: typically when a team that is loaded with top shelf talent plays a team with much less such talent, the team with less talent is gassed and worn down by the end of the game. Yesterday it was Michigan that looked gassed by the end of the game. I don't know what they did but they seem to have run Michigan ragged. They slugged it out with the wolverines right to the end.

Another astounding change: typically when a team that is loaded with top shelf talent plays a team with much less such talent, the team with less talent is gassed and worn down by the end of the game. Yesterday it was Michigan that looked gassed by the end of the game. I don't know what they did but they seem to have run Michigan ragged. They slugged it out with the wolverines right to the end.
Spot on

Did we rotate our lines a lot, like in prior games? I didn’t notice. But I was thinking, last week, that steadily rotating the lines could be one way we could overcome the fatigue that usually results from competing against better size and/or talent along the lines.

So maybe that was it. It’s a theory anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT