ADVERTISEMENT

Something is wrong with

phlop87

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 6, 2003
Geo, Harper and Pike.

1. Geo is not the same player he was last year or expected to be this year. Until he gets that back he should not be the starting PG. That responsibility should fall to Young. I see that he has faults on that end( sometimes forces the drive and gets caught in the air, forcing a bad pass or shot. I believe what he brings out weighs the negatives

2harper hasn’t been the same player since the injury. If you watch the games ( and rewatch) you will see he hangs on the 3 point line way too much. To get him back I would post him on the blocks and foul line. I woulduse him as the picker at the top of the key This would keep Myles from picking up at least one could dry game and make the D work harder because they would have to cover Harper as he rolled to the basket ( maybe giving him some easier looks) as well as defend for a pop out 3. Which he can take and hopefully he starts to make again. Now the teams don’t have to defend a pop out 3 from Myles or cliff. ForMyles /Cliff I would have the. Move block to block posting up or staying weakside. This would put them in position for dump offs and lobs if thief man leaves them to pick up drives It also puts them in a good position for rebounding.... I remember reading somewhere that over 65% of missed shots are rebounded on the weakside

3. Finally my thoughts on Pike. I think he is areally good coach who has brought us along quicker and will take us higher then we have been in years. I believe he has also gotten into a funk and is coaching based on his expectations of what should happen and what was happening at the beginning of the year. He is game planning for last years Geo and the beginning of the years Harper. Until those players get back to that level he needs to gameplay for what is happening now. If it were up to me ( and I know I do t have a say lol). I would start Young at PG ( see above) McConnell at the wing cliff at center ( he brings an athletic spark that Myles doesn’t have. However if there was t any foul trouble with either Myles would probably end up with a few more minites in time then Cliff. Montez at the other wing. Primarily for his defensive intensity and his ability to run the floor Although I would work on his ability to finish up and at the basket finally Harper at the 4, with the responsibilities outlined above

Reactions: Rutgers36 and goru7
Geo, Harper and Pike.

1. Geo is not the same player he was last year or expected to be this year. Until he gets that back he should not be the starting PG. That responsibility should fall to Young. I see that he has faults on that end( sometimes forces the drive and gets caught in the air, forcing a bad pass or shot. I believe what he brings out weighs the negatives

2harper hasn’t been the same player since the injury. If you watch the games ( and rewatch) you will see he hangs on the 3 point line way too much. To get him back I would post him on the blocks and foul line. I woulduse him as the picker at the top of the key This would keep Myles from picking up at least one could dry game and make the D work harder because they would have to cover Harper as he rolled to the basket ( maybe giving him some easier looks) as well as defend for a pop out 3. Which he can take and hopefully he starts to make again. Now the teams don’t have to defend a pop out 3 from Myles or cliff. ForMyles /Cliff I would have the. Move block to block posting up or staying weakside. This would put them in position for dump offs and lobs if thief man leaves them to pick up drives It also puts them in a good position for rebounding.... I remember reading somewhere that over 65% of missed shots are rebounded on the weakside

3. Finally my thoughts on Pike. I think he is areally good coach who has brought us along quicker and will take us higher then we have been in years. I believe he has also gotten into a funk and is coaching based on his expectations of what should happen and what was happening at the beginning of the year. He is game planning for last years Geo and the beginning of the years Harper. Until those players get back to that level he needs to gameplay for what is happening now. If it were up to me ( and I know I do t have a say lol). I would start Young at PG ( see above) McConnell at the wing cliff at center ( he brings an athletic spark that Myles doesn’t have. However if there was t any foul trouble with either Myles would probably end up with a few more minites in time then Cliff. Montez at the other wing. Primarily for his defensive intensity and his ability to run the floor Although I would work on his ability to finish up and at the basket finally Harper at the 4, with the responsibilities outlined above

agree with everything.Geo and Harper are not leading this team. I see no emotion and little production from either In the last month. Leaders find a way to lead even when they aren’t getting the bounces.

I would strongly suggest people rewatch the last couple of games with Ron and compare his shot form pre and post injury. It’s all arms now. Go look at his jumping height and range pre and post injury ...Then you will see that he is playing because we need him ...but will see he is anything but 100%

Ditto geo of last year and this year since he has been hurt all year. Go watch his attempt
At his step back at the end of the half yesterday ...and compare it yesterday. You will cringe, and then nod your head

They aren’t making excuses, the team isn’t, and the coach isn’t. They are out there doing what they can. Think pike is going to get up there and say...we are hurt, he is our excuse? Notice that the two of them aren’t doing the media as much since the season started. It’s mentally hard on them to play through this ...knowing they cannotnperform as well as they could and having their reputation being dragged down because they are being good soldiers and giving what they can for the name on the front of the jersey

It’s up to fans to chose to see it and accept it...or just label these guys with the negative stuff because things are going the way we hoped right
Now

I’m all in...and hoping they can find 100% still this year and get back to being themselves ....

Reactions: 29PAS and RU 286
@Scarlet Shack I completely agree with you. NEither Ron nor Geo are the same since they were injured and are trying to play through their injuries. However. The injuries did happen and they haven’t been the same since so to continue to game plan as if they didn’t occur is the problem I’m having I am all in and will always root for RU ( I’ve been a football season ticket holder since 1992 and have gone to 4-8 basketball games every year during that time frame)

ADVERTISEMENT