ADVERTISEMENT

Sometimes radio is better than the RAC

He's good! Much better than I expected clicking on it. Was that in sync or did you sync it? I suppose being RADIO it doesn't matter.. it happens when you hear it. But if he can do play by play with that kind of timing he should be doing TV.

He's good! Much better than I expected clicking on it. Was that in sync or did you sync it? I suppose being RADIO it doesn't matter.. it happens when you hear it. But if he can do play by play with that kind of timing he should be doing TV.

He synced the radio PxP highlights from the game w/ the video highlights from BTN.

I like him on wfan but not crazy about Jerry Recco calling the games, doesnt really get me excited

Agree with all the comments here. Kid has a bright future calling games. Even has a wide range of exclamations, i.e., Boom, Boo-yah, Good!, etc.

He is really good. Better than many “professional” broadcasters that I’ve heard.

Reactions: Scangg
So proud of the work my son is doing at WRSU. He's definitely better than I was!
He is doing the first half of Ohio State game tomorrow night...give him a listen wrsu.org.
I like listening to Justin and his fellow WRSU Sports team. Have been a regular listener of the WRSU Crew on the drive home since fall. Beats Francesa! With the team doing well, they are getting more callers again.

Reactions: ruhoops21
Not sure I like "boo ya" as a tag line for made threes, but he's very polished, and I had goosebumps listening to his calls there.

Reactions: RUnTeX
nicely done! I was listening to the game on radio while we were driving home and it felt like every time a big play was/wasnt going to happen, the damn GPS woman would start talking, haha!

That’s about as good of a college radio or TV call that I’ve ever heard.

ruhoops21 - send this to Jerry Recco, Chris Carlin, Bruce Johnson, Erika Herskowitz. Would think they’d be happy to help a talented RU guy his start in industry.

Holy crap. And this is done without Adderall ?
He is very good.
If it's okay with the OP, I will forward this to a client of mine who happens to be a producer at WFAN. (You all know of him).

Reactions: ruhoops21
Very well done. He did a real good job and you should be very proud.

Not sure why toby83 had to put his garbage reply in your thread. Guess he thinks he is funny.

Best of Luck,
Groz

By all means forward it! Justin would love it. You can also message me.

Okay I emailed him the Twitter link. He's part of the morning show so he's sleeping now and gets up real early.. I'll let you know if he responds. In the meantime, let's listen and see if they have a contest : RU stud -your son -versus Jerry ---who's better ?

Sounded great ... I would lose the boo-yah, but that aside he has a future in this business.

That was a super job by Justin. I think he just might have a very good chance at a successful future in broadcasting. Good luck to him.

How competitive of a career is this? I would imagine extremely but I'm interested in following

"…that was excellent…so technically sound at such a young age...listening w/the video you can really see that he is on top of it…"

Eddie Scozzare

Button Pusher for Boomer & Gio

Grand Nagus

WFAN Sports Radio

@ruhoops21 i was getting in the car at 7 for an hour, remembered your post about halfway through the first half, listened to your son on wrsu . He was excellent along with his partner. Prefer them over Recco to be honest, lot more life, really into it. They were not afraid to criticize the RU players/play when was necessary.

Reactions: Local Shill
@ruhoops21 i was getting in the car at 7 for an hour, remembered your post about halfway through the first half, listened to your son on wrsu . He was excellent along with his partner. Prefer them over Recco to be honest, lot more life, really into it. They were not afraid to criticize the RU players/play when was necessary.
Bingo. I don’t think it’s ever necessary to trash a college athlete trying his best but Jerry will not even hint at anything negative, which is annoying. I know he’s not going to bite the hand that feeds him but he shouldn’t be afraid to nibble a bit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT