ADVERTISEMENT

Somewhat OT: Dahntay Jones

ScarletRunner

Senior
Aug 17, 2001
Not sure anyone noticed (or cares), but I thought it was worth a mention...

The Cavs-Hawks game last night was an absolute rout, so Dahntay Jones - now a veteran journeyman reserve - got into the game. Apparently he ended up hitting the shot that broke the NBA record for made 3's in a game. I didn't even know he was still in the league.

Hard to believe he's lasted in the league this long. That is no easy task...kudos to him

Dahntay has played for 8 or 9 different NBA teams, and has averaged 12 and 4 over his career. Used to be a starter, but has been a backup for years now--but he plays hard, is a good defender, and pulls down 2 mil a year. No reason he doesn't find a home for another couple of years. Our current NBA poster boy.
TL

This season Cleveland just recently added him to the roster. He only played one game near the end of the regular season but has gotten into 3 playoff games so far. He certainly has made the most out of his shot in the NBA. He has played many years in the league.

before Pikiell was hired I was hoping for Jay Williams as HC, Jones as AC for defense and Billet as AC for guards. Troy Murphy as AC for big men mentoring. That would have been a great team.

Wasn't he voted by other NBA players at one time the most overrated player in the league?

Yes, I think you are right and I never understood it. , He Averaged 13 ppg, 5 rbs and 2 assists. They can vote me overrated with those NBA stats anytime....I'll accept that award.

Last edited:
Wasn't he voted by other NBA players at one time the most overrated player in the league?

I thought I remembered seeing him on Dirtiest Player lists. During his brief time with the Hawks, he allegedly caused Kobe Bryant to be injured by stepping under Bryant, while he was in the air. When Bryant came down on Jones' foot, the resulting injury caused him to miss significant time.

The game i remember with Jones was against Providence they had a forward Jamel last name escapes me. Jones shut him down, frustrated him and caused like 9 turnovers......Jamel Thomas

that win at PC may have been the best road win we ever had in the BE, which is sad...better than beating Pitt with FHJ which was a 3-shot barrage abberration...

we had some damn good talent during the late 1990s...damn they didn't stay...Dahntay, Todd Billet, Luis Flores...
Bannon was close...eh.

Reactions: soundcrib

No. He was voted as the guy most distinguished for thinking he's better than he actually is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT