ADVERTISEMENT

Sooo....Kiss

GilliganIsland

Sophomore
May 30, 2018
After a season of speculation, he isnt in the transfer portal?

I apologize if I missed this.

Also, I feel like there is a joke about kiss(ing) and social distancing in light of the Pandemic, but the noggin isnt working today.

In the past couple years, after open practices he has come up into the stands to Thank fans for coming and supporting the team. Seems like a very nice kid. I hope he stays.

Kiss is the type of kid good programs have. He might be a notch below what it takes to see meaningful minutes on a good B1G team in games, but I guarantee you he is very valuable in practice. Good teams need kids like that to be good. Everyone can't see the court. And if you don't, you want kids who are positive and can still ball. That's him.

Kiss is the type of kid good programs have. He might be a notch below what it takes to see meaningful minutes on a good B1G team in games, but I guarantee you he is very valuable in practice. Good teams need kids like that to be good. Everyone can't see the court. And if you don't, you want kids who are positive and can still ball. That's him.
Could not of said it better.

Pretty sure he didn’t travel to Purdue.
I'm watching the BTN replay now. you're right, I don't see Kiss on the bench for this game.
maybe he was sick? Did he travel for the B1G tourney game vs UM? did anyone see him there for warmups?

I assume he gets his degree . He did transfer once already so I am not sure how that works. Maybe he can drop down a level (get some creative scholarship money) and get masters out of it .

I assume he gets his degree . He did transfer once already so I am not sure how that works. Maybe he can drop down a level (get some creative scholarship money) and get masters out of it .

If he is a grad transfer I don’t think it’s an issue. Just like Yeboah sat out one year at Stoneybrook.

Reactions: Scangg
Even though he clearly has been passed on the player's list, he has shown nothing but being a great team mate unless I have missed something.
For some kids, sports are not the primary reason they are in college. In fact, many find that any dreams they may have had about using sports as a career were not realistic. Maybe he has had this epiphany and is now looking at his degree as the ticket to success.
Getting his education paid for is a great prize today.

Can’t we just leave the kid alone? He took a chance coming to RU and came at a time when we really needed bodies. I just don’t get why people want him out so badly. Sure, he didn’t see the floor this year, but not everyone can play. If he’s happy and Pike wants him, he should stay. If he wants to go elsewhere, it’s decision to make. Just don’t understand the pressure by much of the fan base....

He seems to handle it like a trooper. You always need practice players. Think people should let it be or play out. He has done all the right things.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
Maybe he loves it RU and wants to be on a B1G team. Maybe he really likes his teammates. Maybe the coaches have him comfortable with his role.

Kind of hope this is it. Still gotta be tough to not get any PT, but maybe he just doesn't want any garbage time minutes. Whatever the case, hope for the best for Kiss.

Maybe he loves it RU and wants to be on a B1G team. Maybe he really likes his teammates. Maybe the coaches have him comfortable with his role.

if that was the case, he would have played in garbage time this year. He never played. It is a odd situation, which is why everybody is so intrigued. Also, let’s not pretend he is mr. towel waiver out there. He’s usually pretty reserved.

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
if that was the case, he would have played in garbage time this year. He never played. It is a odd situation, which is why everybody is so intrigued. Also, let’s not pretend he is mr. towel waiver out there. He’s usually pretty reserved.

If he stays on the team, there is a reason for that. Both parties want him there.

I have been to 19 practices this season and Peter has seemed as happy as one can be. He gets along with all of the players & coaches. Maybe he will stay. I just want him to be happy. If he should transfer as a grad transfer I could see him going to Jay Young at Fairfield.
The Fairfield move makes a lot of sense IMO. Kiss staying makes zero sense. If he was playing garbage time maybe but zero minutes? I'd be shocked if he stayed.

I have been to 19 practices this season and Peter has seemed as happy as one can be. He gets along with all of the players & coaches. Maybe he will stay. I just want him to be happy. If he should transfer as a grad transfer I could see him going to Jay Young at Fairfield.
Fairfield seems like the most likely scenario if he wants playing time. If he just want to finish out his college career with a team thats going to make the ncaa tourney next season... why not stay and be a great teammate at RU.

“Maybe the coaches have him comfortable with his role.” You’re being sarcastic, right?

“Maybe the coaches have him comfortable with his role.” You’re being sarcastic, right?

Nope. I played on D1 team. Not everyone plays. I saw teammates who never played, yet were great teammates and played their ass off in practice which helped the team.

As I said, you show me any good team and I will show you kids on that team that fit that bill.

Nope. I played on D1 team. Not everyone plays. I saw teammates who never played, yet were great teammates and played their ass off in practice which helped the team.

As I said, you show me any good team and I will show you kids on that team that fit that bill.
Fits what bill? He went from being a rotation player to being less than last guy off the bench.

Fits what bill? He went from being a rotation player to being less than last guy off the bench.

I explained it above. A good practice player.

Guess we will see where it goes. Is he still not in the portal?

I hear you, but he never even got a sniff in garbage time. How can any player be comfortable with that?

I hear you, but he never even got a sniff in garbage time. How can any player be comfortable with that?

There simply are Maybe he wasn't feeling well that day.It's not like there was a ton of garbage time this season. At best he gets what, 90 seconds on the floor? Who knows.

If he is in the portal he wants a different situation. If he isn't, he's happy here and wants to be part of something. It's that simple.

Almost all good teams have good practice players. That much I can tell you.

There simply are Maybe he wasn't feeling well that day.It's not like there was a ton of garbage time this season. At best he gets what, 90 seconds on the floor? Who knows.

If he is in the portal he wants a different situation. If he isn't, he's happy here and wants to be part of something. It's that simple.

Almost all good teams have good practice players. That much I can tell you.

Sometimes those practice players are walk ons not on scholarship. It varies.

Sometimes those practice players are walk ons not on scholarship. It varies.

Yep. And sometimes they aren't. Not every scholarship player plays. Guess we will see. Either he enters the portal or he doesn't. If he doesn't, this is why.

Kiss competed at a high level at other schools. I hope he gets to play the game he loves somewhere.

There’s obviously a lot to this story we don’t know and probably never will. Don’t be fooled by the spin some are offering.

It’s all pretty fishy. And thanks to the poster who pointed out he wasn’t on the bench in West Lafayette. I hadn’t noticed that.

Reactions: Rutgers25
ADVERTISEMENT