ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry for Another Football Question- 2023 Away Games

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
We are going to the Wisconsin game with a friend and to visit family. We were thinking of going to one or two more away games. In terms of atmosphere, etc, where would you rank the following schools to visit for a football game. Penn State is not an option. We have no interest going there. Ever. We were leaning Iowa or Indiana. Thoughts?

Sept. 23 at Michigan*
Oct. 7 at Wisconsin*
Oct. 21 at Indiana*
Nov. 11 at Iowa*
Nov. 18 at Penn State*

Reactions: jreinsdorf
We are going to the Wisconsin game with a friend and to visit family. We were thinking of going to one or two more away games. In terms of atmosphere, etc, where would you rank the following schools to visit for a football game. Penn State is not an option. We have no interest going there. Ever. We were leaning Iowa or Indiana. Thoughts?

Sept. 23 at Michigan*
Oct. 7 at Wisconsin*
Oct. 21 at Indiana*
Nov. 11 at Iowa*
Nov. 18 at Penn State*
R.21a19cefca68630f56ac0801b103d8ee

• Haha
Reactions: Foads

Sept. 23 at Michigan*
Oct. 7 at Wisconsin*
Oct. 21 at Indiana*
Nov. 11 at Iowa*
Nov. 18 at Penn State*

UM was disappointing. The stadium was something to see but the rest of it was meh.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I would head to Iowa. Iowa city is a fun town (brother went grad school out there). Madison is a good time. Used to visit for business and was able to see a couple football/basketball games.

It’s supposedly a very pretty campus?

It is. Extensive use of limestone in the construction of the older buildings. The only drawback (and we were there almost exactly the same date, 2 years ago) is that it can be absolutely butt-blowin' cold.

It is. Extensive use of limestone in the construction of the older buildings. The only drawback (and we were there almost exactly the same date, 2 years ago) is that it can be absolutely butt-blowin' cold.
How was Bloomington? Heard that’s a nice college town as well.

How was Bloomington? Heard that’s a nice college town as well.

Honestly, I wasn't impressed.

First, the hotel that we'd booked into (2 rooms reserved & confirmed) refused to honor our reservation when we got there. The manager then threatened to shoot me. So... yeah, there's a hotel on my list of things to burn to the ground, assuming I ever get back out there.

We went to what was billed as "the best bar / restaurant on" whatever the Bloomington equivalent of Easton Ave is and it sucked tremendously. The service was acceptably sub-par for a Friday night on game weekend, but the food was disgusting.

Sept. 23 at Michigan*
Oct. 7 at Wisconsin*
Oct. 21 at Indiana*
Nov. 11 at Iowa*
Nov. 18 at Penn State*

I loved Iowa when I went. The people were awesome. Bar scene fun. And we got to visit the field of dreams.
Granted we went in September and not November so the weather was certainly on our side.

I loved Iowa when I went. The people were awesome. Bar scene fun. And we got to visit the field of dreams.
Granted we went in September and not November so the weather was certainly on our side.
Good point on the weather. Maybe Indiana, but instead two trips in two weeks to Wisconsin than Indian, we may do the Iowa trip. Wisconsin is a definite.

First, the hotel that we'd booked into (2 rooms reserved & confirmed) refused to honor our reservation when we got there. The manager then threatened to shoot me.
I suspect that between the first sentence and the second sentence, some material facts have been omitted.

Reactions: Kbee3
Everyone should visit Michigan and Ohio State, since they are the Big Ten benchmarks in everything. On my last visit, someone I didn't even know paid my drink tab, which was really nice of them. Should be easy to get good seats off stubhub, since they don't respect us. Paid $100 for Row 2 Seat 1 seats, on the 50, next to the tunnel where the players enter/exit.

Was very impressed with the pride and passion of the fans. Great gameday atmosphere, and an experience 2nd to none. Met the Vedrals at breakfast, which was really cool.

ADVERTISEMENT