ADVERTISEMENT

Southwest FL college hoops observation

Mr_Twister

Heisman Winner
Apr 1, 2004
Have vacationed and lived in southwest Florida for over 30 years. Filled with many mid-western transplants and visitors. Of course that means lots of Big Ten folks. Now they all know Rutgers. For all except NJ/NY natives and the annoying Michigan devotees, Seton Hall is a mystery to them.

Tell them to start a football team. And really, really suck at it. Everyone will know them.

Check out a game of Shaq Carter.Then report how it went.

Over and out.

Tell them to start a football team. And really, really suck at it. Everyone will know them.
Most down here laugh over Rutgers football, but there is empathy. Our schedule is brutal and many understand the step brother Big Ten financial status we are under. Big Ten fans certainly know NJ is a well spring of football talent and, if nothing else, are appreciative of the NJ recruits who choose to play in the Big Ten. The Big Ten fans assume with the right successful high profile charismatic coach, the recruiting tide will turn.

Last edited:
Say hi to my relatives in Ft Meyers.
An hour drive south of Fort Myers. Attend sports events at FGCU including Rutgers baseball last year. Would love to see Rutgers hoops hook up with Dunk City.
Yeah, you know Rutgers is a sleeping giant, said 77 year old Barry Schwartz. Those Big 10 teams better watch out.

That might be more of my parents crowd in Delray Beach but it’s the kind of thing they’ve probably talked about for years and years.

Now it’s actually going to be a reality with our basketball program imho. Football is not quite there just yet. Maybe when i move down there it will be.

ADVERTISEMENT