ADVERTISEMENT

Special Teams Coach Adam Scheier is Awesome

Two questions:

1 - His daughter goes to Miami (and not RU)?
2 - I asked this in another thread after the game on Saturday but .. what was the story with short kickoffs? Were those all planned or do we not have a (new) kicker who can kick it out of the back of the end zone?

Everything else (special teams-wise) seems fine. Except, of course, the one muffed punt we lost and MSU recovered.

Reactions: beaced
I want to see us get back to challenging punts and field goals.
I punted in HS and knowing they may be coming for you makes the entire situation very different. The center's snap and the kicker's normal routine is in hurry up mode and that's when bad things happen. Even if they don't get the block, the kick is usually not a great one.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Two questions:

1 - His daughter goes to Miami (and not RU)?
2 - I asked this in another thread after the game on Saturday but .. what was the story with short kickoffs? Were those all planned or do we not have a (new) kicker who can kick it out of the back of the end zone?

Everything else (special teams-wise) seems fine. Except, of course, the one muffed punt we lost and MSU recovered.
Good question on the short kicks. If on purpose,not well executed.

his wife is a Veterinarian so they end up with a lot of random animals in the house.
I love the way his Twitter feed includes so many personal anecdotes, and especially the one about the pig and the duck becoming friends while being different. Parables can be very powerful learning tools. We need more pigs and ducks in this world right now--get along in real life and not become influenced and corrupted by the words of others and social media. He also seems like a really great father.

ADVERTISEMENT