ADVERTISEMENT

Sporting News Ranks All CFB Coaches 1-130

You mean like Rutgers?
Did you enjoy typing that?
It's way off base.
Kansas has not had a winning season since 2008.
From 2009-18 they are 18-87

Rutgers is 56-69 with 5 bowl appearances and 3 bowl wins over the same period.
Not even close.
Has Rutgers been bad the last 3 years--sure. But don't get carried away with the self-loathing schtick.

Ash’s response - “so you’re telling me there’s a chance”

Did you enjoy typing that?
It's way off base.
Kansas has not had a winning season since 2008.
From 2009-18 they are 18-87

Rutgers is 56-69 with 5 bowl appearances and 3 bowl wins over the same period.
Not even close.
Has Rutgers been bad the last 3 years--sure. But don't get carried away with the self-loathing schtick.

No, I didn't enjoy typing that and no, it isn't way off base. To make your case you needed to include records from when RU was NOT in a P5 conference (which was the context I was responding to). Rutgers is 19-42 including a 1-0 bowl record as a P5 team. From a historical standpoint, Kansas is 1-2 in what are now NY6 bowls whereas RU has never appeared in one. It isn't self-loathing to recognize we don't have the history to look down on any of our peers.

No, I didn't enjoy typing that and no, it isn't way off base. To make your case you needed to include records from when RU was NOT in a P5 conference (which was the context I was responding to). Rutgers is 19-42 including a 1-0 bowl record as a P5 team. From a historical standpoint, Kansas is 1-2 in what are now NY6 bowls whereas RU has never appeared in one. It isn't self-loathing to recognize we don't have the history to look down on any of our peers.

As much as i hated the Big East, it was a BCS conference just like the BIG12.

Today the BIG12 is considered the weakest Power 5 conference.

I agree with you. Maybe because the past few years their schedule has been on the weak side outside of their one big road game each year.

2018 - Oklahoma
2017 - Ohio St.
2016 - Notre Dame

I'm sure coaching the option knocks Monken down a few pegs in some peoples eyes. I would have thought the same if I hadn't see Monken close-up.

He doesn't run the option because its all he knows - he likes it more than other things. Monken's father is a football coach, and so are eleven other family members - with his cousin Todd being the OC for the Browns. Monken knows all football really well, but he really likes the option, and runs it better than anyone I've seen. In post game interviews, he seems to know what happened on any play he's asked about. Its like he has a drone shot in his head. The option under Monken is actually very entertaining - big runs and passes all over - and hardly any punting at all

Reactions: colbert17
As much as i hated the Big East, it was a BCS conference just like the BIG12.

Today the BIG12 is considered the weakest Power 5 conference.

It was a BCS Conference that was always being portrayed as the weakest... as the one that didn't belong.

It is the Pac-12 that is considered the weakest P5 conference. Playoff representatives by conference:
  1. SEC -- 6
  2. ACC -- 5
  3. B1G -- 3
  4. Big12 -- 3
  5. Pac-12 -- 2
  6. Notre Dame -- 1
Oklahoma and Texas each won BCS Championships while the Pac-12 had none because USC had to vacate their championship (they defeated Oklahoma).

Purdue is his signature win.

0c28f8635741a495a0c886524a8d32c8.gif

I'm sure coaching the option knocks Monken down a few pegs in some peoples eyes. I would have thought the same if I hadn't see Monken close-up.

He doesn't run the option because its all he knows - he likes it more than other things. Monken's father is a football coach, and so are eleven other family members - with his cousin Todd being the OC for the Browns. Monken knows all football really well, but he really likes the option, and runs it better than anyone I've seen. In post game interviews, he seems to know what happened on any play he's asked about. Its like he has a drone shot in his head. The option under Monken is actually very entertaining - big runs and passes all over - and hardly any punting at all
Being that he has numerous family members as coaches,he would be able to transition running any other type of offense needed at Rutgers.He does a awesome job with the talent base he has at Army,is clearly out recruiting Navy and AIr Force ,question would be could he recruit at B10 level and use the same motivation skills at RU that he does at Army??
I think in the end,a coach has the knack of coaching kids up and making them better,finding the right spot for them no matter what level they coach at. Im thinking hes a solid candidate at end of season for RU.

ADVERTISEMENT