ADVERTISEMENT

Sportsmanship. I like it

I noticed.

There seems to be some genuine respect and admiration between these two teams - this wasn't the first time I had noticed it.

To be honest - I saw it more in the 2H then first - and I thought to myself that they needed to worry less about helping the other team off the floor and more on stopping the Minn run that was happening at the time.

Montez was super polite today. Speaks to how much of a punk that one kid from NYC was on Minnesota 2 yrs ago.

Reactions: RUfromSoCal?
I used to coach girls softball. We used to preach to the girls that when they were up the needed to step on other teams throat, nicely.

There is ‘stepping on their throats’ when you have the ball in your hands, and there is showing class when the other guy is down on the ground. I’m about both.
My comment wasn't meant to say he shouldn't have helped him up. The nicely was referring to sportsmanship. If we would have stepped on Minnesota's throat up double digits, there would be no overtime.

Reactions: FrankZ
I am all for sportsmanship and our players helping opposition players up, but I am always afraid that a star player for us will get hurt trying to help up some fat-ass opponent.

Reactions: Unionst
My comment wasn't meant to say he shouldn't have helped him up. The nicely was referring to sportsmanship. If we would have stepped on Minnesota's throat up double digits, there would be no overtime.
The head Coach plays the most important role in setting the culture. I think most of us would agree that in total this is one of the best group of young men you will see on any team

ADVERTISEMENT