ADVERTISEMENT

St. John's Hires Michigan OC For HC

bigmatt718

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Mar 11, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Not sure this will get the Johnnies out of the BE basement. Are we obligated to play these bums every year? I feel like they bring down our SOS.

Prior coach lives in my town. Apparently a real nice guy who didn't get it done there. Kind of a tough place to recruit despite the plethora of local talent. Rutgers rising does them no favors either. Offers top talent the chance to stay local and compete in a major conference and win post season games.

Turri will have a chance there but it will be up to St. John's to help him succeed. Also hearing that Rogalski is the leader for the NJIT job, Michigan could lose their top two assistants this year. NJIT is not the most desirable job but I am hearing that Ski wants to come back east. I don't think that there are many great jobs available in D1 right now.

Reactions: Caliknight
St. John's is a tough job. There aren't much expectations there so if Turri makes them even somewhat competitive in the BE, it will be seen as a win.

I have no idea if St. John's is going to support the program more but they need it if they want to be relevant. That's probably the 3rd best job on Long Island alone.

St. John's is a tough job. There aren't much expectations there so if Turri makes them even somewhat competitive in the BE, it will be seen as a win.

I have no idea if St. John's is going to support the program more but they need it if they want to be relevant. That's probably the 3rd best job on Long Island alone.
Maybe even 4th. LI kids don’t want to go to school in Queens. They don’t even consider that LI. I can see LIU becoming a more desirable destination for kids that want to stay local. Might be already.

Reactions: Caliknight
ADVERTISEMENT