ADVERTISEMENT

St.Rose- Matt Hodge and Jaylen Hodge

MCKnight2004

Senior
Oct 25, 2012
A post for the real hoops junkies and recruiting guys…I watched St. Rose at the Red Bank Holiday Tournament. This pair of brothers should be on Rutgers recruiting radar. They’re relatively unknown right now, but that will soon change. They are from Belgium, and first time playing basketball here in the US. So they don’t have the AAU type of recruitment right now. Matt is a junior class of 24 and Jaylen is a freshman. Matt is 6’9 and does it all; athletic build, handles, shoots, jumps, great passer and sense of game. He played with the national team in Belgium. Jaylen will turn into a high major point, he’s about 6’4 and mature. New Head coach Brian Lynch has the European connections after playing at CBA/Villanova, and in Europe as a player and coach.

I thought about making this thread a few days ago. The Jr is a 6'9 stretch 4, with a smooth jumper, athletic, will mix it up on the boards, and block shots. The freshman brother, is already advanced. May end up being just as good, or better than the older brother. Definitely something look into. Although the head coach at St Rose is a Villanova guy, if I heard correct

Number 33 is the freshman brother. The tall kid is the junior. St Rose is in white

Doesn’t Brian Lynch mean they are pre-disposed for Villanova? Or that a Villanova alum is paying the freight for these athletes.

Lynch played pro ball in Belgium with the father of the Hodge kids and has known the family for a long time. I thought the kids were 6-7 and 6-1 but I could be wrong. I think this is Lynch's second year at St. Rose and he has brought in several new players this year with these two being the headliners. I assume the freshman is the higher rated prospect but have not heard anything about the level of their recruiting in the local paper.

Reactions: RUPete
Lynch played pro ball in Belgium with the father of the Hodge kids and has known the family for a long time. I thought the kids were 6-7 and 6-1 but I could be wrong. I think this is Lynch's second year at St. Rose and he has brought in several new players this year with these two being the headliners. I assume the freshman is the higher rated prospect but have not heard anything about the level of their recruiting in the local paper.
He also was and still may be married to Belgian tennis great Kim Clijsters whose dad played on the national team for Belgium in the World Cup. Whole bunch of athletic genes running through that family!

Reactions: TRU2RU
ADVERTISEMENT