ADVERTISEMENT

Stadium Renaming

Hopefully we get a lot more money for the name with the B1G umbrella over us.

It's going to be a fake name? I don't remember that movie all that much and if they had a fake sponsor in there. Or S.H.I.T lol?

Reactions: MikeRU09
Technically the agreement for the naming rights ended June 30th so this is no surprise

https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/2018/06/rutgers_football_stadium_has_a_new_name.html

In June 2011, Rutgers agreed to an eight-year naming rights deal with then-named High Point Solutions worth $600,000 annually. While the term expires on June 30, 2019, HighPoint can extend the deal for two more years at $750,000 annually.

If they want to, HighPoint can keep it going through this year and next which, jokes aside given the state of our program, they'd be dumb not to do at that cost.

TCF Bank sponsors Minnesota's stadium at a cost of $35 million over 26 years, so almost double per-year what HighPoint pays.

It will always be Rutgers Stadium to me

... just like it will always be Taylor Ham... and Q Tips and The Garden State Arts Center etc etc..

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
Doesn't that money actually seem light? Who wants to find out what other naming rights for the B1G teams are getting if they have any?

This is a ****ing disaster. Only us. DO NOT call it "S.H.I." Stadium. PLEASE. Use the full name!!!
They may finally close the "Lower Bowl":
DiskhOMWkAc9I7t.jpg

Not blaming Rutgers at all on the naming issue..

Would you prefer less money for a better name? If that’s the best deal Hobbs had he had to take it
I’d rather us get 0 money and call it RUTGERS Stadium. We clearly don’t use money anyways. We don’t need more money. Shit football program, stupid ass athletic director agreeing to name the stadium SHIIT stadium

Our next corporate sponsored stadium name will be the Department of Uniformed Men Proudly Serving The Environment Revolution.

Reactions: BlockR
So bad...Leave it to Rutgers...Finally get out of a shit deal and ink a new shit deal while our football program is at an all time low in marketability.....so bad

ADVERTISEMENT