ADVERTISEMENT

Stadium Renaming

Thanks and having their Global Headquarters in Somerset, NJ with a Piscataway connection makes this Company a great get for Hobbs.
SHI Stadium might not be a sexie name now, but once RU starts winning it will and the $#it being raised now will be forgotten
the sooner you realize RUTGERS isn’t going to start winning the sooner you’ll be at peace. I was born into RUTGERS and I’m completely over CFB. I turned down plenty of games last season because I’d rather watch actually competitive sports teams from home with RU in the background. It’s a self fulfilling prophecy. We suck, and we’re pretty much going to suck forever

Reactions: ScarletteK80
the sooner you realize RUTGERS isn’t going to start winning the sooner you’ll be at peace. I was born into RUTGERS and I’m completely over CFB. I turned down plenty of games last season because I’d rather watch actually competitive sports teams from home with RU in the background. It’s a self fulfilling prophecy. We suck, and we’re pretty much going to suck forever
You may be right, but ain't you a ray o' sunshine.

I'm sure state Penn fans are making a giant T right now.hooefully signage is high enough.

Reactions: RUskoolie

That is the most positive post you nade here yet.

We renamed the entire university for $5,000 and a bell. This ain't so bad.

g2oZEXC.png

We renamed the entire university for $5,000 and a bell. This ain't so bad.

g2oZEXC.png
Assuming you got that from Wiki...I've been told on another thread, that depending on how you calculate inflation, that $5k bond is worth a helluva lot more today than the number indicated there. Take it for what it's worth. It's well established that our school is not the beneficiary of a lot of philanthropy over the years.

Governor Murphy fire these CLOWNS
What's the big deal? So it's a SHI name. Take the money and run. We have such a poor product, only 150 people might be in the stands at any time. And it might be televised, but only fans of opposing teams are going to watch. You tell me who's getting the raw end of the deal.

Does Rutgers even have a public relations department that reviews any deals before they are announced?

Reactions: MikeRU09
Does Rutgers even have a public relations department that reviews any deals before they are announced?
They probably offered us by far the most money. TBH nobody is going to remember the name of the stadium anyway in a week. I'm sure they'll be social media posts of opposing fans cleverly drawing a T. That's probably going to be it. Meanwhile it's a pretty good deal for us.

Looking at their headquarters over here in Somerset(Franklin Township) on Davidson Avenue, very close to 287/Easton Avenue, area is really growing with new business.

They probably offered us by far the most money. TBH nobody is going to remember the name of the stadium anyway in a week. I'm sure they'll be social media posts of opposing fans cleverly drawing a T. That's probably going to be it. Meanwhile it's a pretty good deal for us.
so national perception for a program with 11 straight losses,one of worst records in all power 5 ,this is a boost of its image nationally?
Ohh,it will be brought up weekly during the season by opposing schools,just wait.

Time to stop the jokes already if you love Rutgers.

The owner of that company is very accomplished and neither her or her husband attended Rutgers. She attended Amherst and Harvard and sits on committees for them. Multi billionaire.. a good friend to have.

Lets do our part and not get down on the name of her company.

Thai Lee
Agreed...we should all be happy that Highpoint sponsored things in past and that SHI is sponsoring it for the future....every bit of support helps. Obviously SHI has been doing quite a few things right to be able to consider doing this...and putting there good money up for it in exchange for the potential in marketing. How about embracing it ... We R the SHI. Tough as SHI

[
I'm sure state Penn fans are making a giant T right now.hooefully signage is high enough.
so , the money's good, the connection to Jersey and Piscataway superb and only those with thin skin or an ax to grind would worry about what an opponent might do.
Let the Nit fans make that T, it will prove they think of Rutgers as a potential rival and Rutgers need to be making either PSU or Maryland their main football rivalry once the program starts being respected again and poses a threat to win any and every game they play.
Maybe Turtle fans will make that T too .

Remember $#!t Stadium can mean the opponent is in Deep $#1T when they play the Scarlet Knights at their SHI house in Piscataway

the need to use the entire full corporate formal name.

[

so , the money's good, the connection to Jersey and Piscataway superb and only those with thin skin or an ax to grind would worry about what an opponent might do.
Let the Nit fans make that T, it will prove they think of Rutgers as a potential rival and Rutgers need to be making either PSU or Maryland their main football rivalry once the program starts being respected again and poses a threat to win any and every game they play.
Maybe Turtle fans will make that T too .

Remember $#!t Stadium can mean the opponent is in Deep $#1T when they play the Scarlet Knights at their SHI house in Piscataway
BattleReady.0.gif

58621_h.jpg

so national perception for a program with 11 straight losses,one of worst records in all power 5 ,this is a boost of its image nationally?
Ohh,it will be brought up weekly during the season by opposing schools,just wait.
Our W/L record will determine national perception, not the stadium name which will only provide fodder for opposing fans (and some of our own).

Like me and many others, you don't think Ash will get it done here. This is a good financial deal negotiated by Hobbs to provide additional money to the program that can be used to help fund future coaching changes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT