ADVERTISEMENT

Stadium Renaming

Not at all.

Here’s a tweet from 2017..This deal would be 5th highest in the country.

More $ is great but the name is awful and will subject us to even more ridicule. It sucks that better known brands don't want the naming rights. Oh well.

As for other more recent naming deals, in 2018, Iowa St. signed a 10 yr deal with MidAmerican Energy for $1.5M/yr (https://footballstadiumdigest.com/2018/08/iowa-state-announces-midamerican-energy-field/), and CSU signed a 15 yr $37.7M deal with Canvas Credit Union, which also includes annual escalators for inflation and a signing bonus, so that's $2.513M/yr + the escalators (and some bonus)(https://footballstadiumdigest.com/2018/06/new-for-2018-canvas-stadium-colorado-state-university/).

It actually looks better with the logo. Starting to grow on me.
SHI_RR_1_.jpg
I just drove by around 4 PM and that wasn't up so good photoshop, but I hope it adds Rutgers: Home of the Rutgers Scarlet Knights.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Shi in Chinese means Yes..

We are essentially YES.. Stadium

There's an Abbot and Costello gag somewhere in there... but if this deal goes well it might do great things for Rutgers.
In China, and the Engineering building.

The Bubble to be known as The Outhouse, and our crew team will be rowing on Shitt's Creek.

Next commit: I'm happy to commit to Rutgers and take my talents to The Shithouse !!!

Reactions: RUScrew85
Hobbs is a buffoon. Sorry but I’m quite sure whoever came in second for naming rights and didn’t sound like excrement should have won. What a moron. At a time when RUs name is already synonymous with that word we reinforce it for probably an extra few hundred grand a year. Wow. How about having a little bit of business savvy. What a joke. Typical RU. .

LOL..we got an Ash on the sidelines and a SHI for a stadium...Happy 150th Anniversary Rutgers Football..well done.

Monk, the biggest embarrassment in the history of college sports and sports in general in my opinion is Penn State. Our made up media “scandals” don’t amount to a hill of beans compared to what that school knowingly allowed to happen to dozens of children over years and years.

Money is the only thing that counts especially for a school without deep pockets like us. As long as it’s not actually obscene versus perceived to be who cares. Sticks and stones etc....

Every extra dollar has the potential to improve the product on the field and we should be trying to accumulate every extra dollar we can get.

This. It’s big boost for our revenue. The old deal sucked. $1.25 million per year now is nice. However in the current world of CFB Stadium naming rights of those who have them we are average. Kentucky-$1.85 million, Minnesota-$1.4 million, Houston- $1.5 million, Washington-$4 million are higher. New Mexico -$1.0 million, North Texas-$1.0 million , Central Florida- $1.0 million a little lower.

Yes.
Give it to Barnabas for $250K, and call it Barnabas Health Stadium-The Birthplace. Great co-branding strategy for both parties. Leverage RU's major strength at the moment and it's history. Perception and message are important too, not just money.

Actually all that matters is money.

List me 1 single coach whoever took less money because of the name on the stadium

Or 1 single recruit who turned down a school (or chose) a school over the name on the stadium.

Anyone saying "take less money for a different name" should NEVER complain about Rutgers being cheap and not spending more money on a coach.

Actually all that matters is money.

List me 1 single coach whoever took less money because of the name on the stadium

Or 1 single recruit who turned down a school (or chose) a school over the name on the stadium.

Anyone saying "take less money for a different name" should NEVER complain about Rutgers being cheap and not spending more money on a coach.
I'm over it and financially the deal is a home run.

Only here could we get a pretty damn good deal for naming rights and you tools harp on the SHI name. For cripes sake!! Way to give fodder to the dolts at the Star Ledger you idiots!

Not at all.

Here’s a tweet from 2017..This deal would be 5th highest in the country.

Love it! 5th highest in the country and most hate it. Give me a F'in break.

I’d rather us get 0 money and call it RUTGERS Stadium. We clearly don’t use money anyways. We don’t need more money. Shit football program, stupid ass athletic director agreeing to name the stadium SHIIT stadium

Yes, we dont need more money...that's brilliant. "Stupid ass athletic director" raises more money in the history of Rutgers athletics versus any others and you roast him. Way to go.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Not going to keep t-shirts and hats on the shelfs kids are going to buy them up crazy. This is a grand slam start selling we"we talking millions in sales.this could turn out to be something big.
Knowning Rutgers don't overprice and kill yourself. Go for profit and tonnage not just profit. 50%

Were RU to begin to play international opponents, we might one day hear "I ran for a touchdown in SHI ite stadium."

Hobbs is a buffoon. Sorry but I’m quite sure whoever came in second for naming rights and didn’t sound like excrement should have won. What a moron. At a time when RUs name is already synonymous with that word we reinforce it for probably an extra few hundred grand a year. Wow. How about having a little bit of business savvy. What a joke. Typical RU. .
He increases our naming rights revenue by 2-3x and he’s a moron. Got it.

Thank God some of you started chiming in at the end. Unless the name is Rutgers Stadium again I could not care less what the name is. All that matters is get the most money. Sole purpose of giving up the naming rights is money.

Hobbs is going to be here for a while. If Ash fails he will hire a new coach. That hire will define the rest of his time here. But the SHI you guys find to complain about never ceases to amaze.

The old deal was a sh#tshow.
We are getting annual payments now that are about the same amount as the University of Houston and University of New Mexico football stadiums. Improvement yes . Outstanding agreement no.

You honestly think there were not other options available at 70-80% of that number now that we’re in the B1G? And those that don’t sound like dung? For sure there were unless Hobbs wasn’t doing his job. Sorry but picking SHI was $hit stupid.

Looking at similar deals that non P5 programs are getting { North Texas, New Mexico, University of Houston} there had to be more opportunities out there for branding at a B1G stadium.

You honestly think there were not other options available at 70-80% of that number now that we’re in the B1G? And those that don’t sound like dung? For sure there were unless Hobbs wasn’t doing his job. Sorry but picking SHI was $hit stupid.
Get over the name. Take 30% less because some snowflake fans don’t like name. If I made that kind of decision where I work I would be out of a job.

Get over the name. Take 30% less because some snowflake fans don’t like name. If I made that kind of decision where I work I would be out of a job.
Here's what OntheBanks had to say. Some people want to ignore all of the positives and focus on the name. It would be like meeting the woman of your dreams in every single way, and her name was one that you could not stand, and you cast her aside just because of the name. That's a bad move.

"The point is Hobbs and team were able to procure a good deal with a very good company. SHI International Corp. is a female, minority owned company located in the backyard of the university and employs hundreds of Rutgers alumni. Oh and they are a 10 billion dollar plus company. What’s not to love about this deal?"

Reactions: rubaseball78
try checking out the SHI firm--we should be thrilled with their name--once people learn who they are, who runs them and their size and statue--we should be honored to have their name taged to the stadium.

Short term non strategic thinking my friend. I would not have the name of my stadium sound like poop for a few extra hundred thou a year. Stadium name (should) have huge brand equity associated with it. This was a bad move and will resonate. But then again, it does fit given everything else at ru so perhaps it’s fate.

ADVERTISEMENT