ADVERTISEMENT

Stanford wrestling (and all 11 sports) saved

Good! Keeps Griffith off the Michigan or psu's roster. No way he's leaving now, he was one of the main faces of the reinstatement movement. And it's always nice to see not another wrestling program bite the dust. Anyone ever find out the deal with Fresno St.? That one was just weird. They reinstate get a nice little program going then, bam, gone.

Last edited:
Good! Keeps Griffith off the Michigan or psu's roster. No way he's leaving now, he was one of the main faces of the reinstatement movement. And it's always nice to see not another wrestling program bite the dust. Anyone ever find out the deal with Fresno St.? That one was just weird. They reinstate get a nice little program going then, bam, gone.
I think Shane leaves and goes to grad school elsewhere. Woods was gonna graduate in December and move on I could see him a d Abas staying

I had heard Woods to PSU. I doubt Griffith would leave after being the poster boy for Save Stanford Wrestling. I heard they raised $35 million for these sports!!!

I had heard Woods to PSU. I doubt Griffith would leave after being the poster boy for Save Stanford Wrestling. I heard they raised $35 million for these sports!!!
Woods won't graduate until December so the earliest he goes anywhere is 2nd semester. Shane graduates and is looking at grad school options

Woods won't graduate until December so the earliest he goes anywhere is 2nd semester. Shane graduates and is looking at grad school options
Correct, Woods will graduate in December....I think Shane will leave, he took extra courses so he would graduate, his coach is gone and the school cut 11 sports and brought them back because of outside donation pressure...not because they are righting a wrong.
IMHO, Shane leaves, Woods leaves in December and Abas goes Ivy.

Reactions: obrats
Correct, Woods will graduate in December....I think Shane will leave, he took extra courses so he would graduate, his coach is gone and the school cut 11 sports and brought them back because of outside donation pressure...not because they are righting a wrong.
IMHO, Shane leaves, Woods leaves in December and Abas goes Ivy.
I think Woods and Abas stay now. I think they go with Ray Blake and he keeps the staff. Also Shane will be staying at 165 he was thinking about going up

I have nothing factual to base it on in this particular case but something like this can leave a sour taste in someone’s mouth. Why would Griffith (or anyone in that position) want to compete for a school that turned their back on him and his teammates and other athletes?

Reactions: ScarletGrapfan
ADVERTISEMENT