ADVERTISEMENT

State Penn signs big non-conference series

Unless you buy into the Pitt "rivalry," our nonconference schedules are pretty uninspiring until that series concludes. Looking forward to early next decade when Virginia Tech, West Virginia and now Auburn come aboard.

16ik3z.jpg

I thought you was going to be sarcastic but that is a legit home and home. Also nice to see them get a SEC school to come up north.
In September.

I am shocked to see a SEC up north. I am certain it be be a game early in the season so they do not have to deal with the cold.
You are certainly correct.

September 18, 2021 in State College.
September 17, 2022 in Auburn.
A nice time up here, could still be brutal down there.

Would love to see them play a late November game.
Since a lot of them have their late season FCS/cupcake game, the SEC can not use the, "Well you know, the conference schedule and all..." like we do in the B1G to say this kind of game can't happen in November.

I read that, believe it or not, it will be the first time Auburn has played a regular season game against a Big Ten team.

This is both true and false depending on how you look at it. Ha. NU and Auburn have played regular season games but it was when NU was in the Big 8.

This is both true and false depending on how you look at it. Ha. NU and Auburn have played regular season games but it was when NU was in the Big 8.
Ahhh, I long for the old Big 8 days.

Colorado
Nebraska
Missouri
Iowa St.
Oklahoma
Oklahoma St.
Kansas
Kansas St.

There was no Texas, Texas Tech, Baylor or Texas A&M.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Let's not forget RU beat Arkansas twice recently.

And in 2 months we also get Wisconsin vs LSU at Lambeau Field. Heck of a match up

we set up some big P5 OOC games in the coming years.

2016 Oklahoma
2017 Oklahoma
2018 TCU, Oregon State
2019 TCU
2020 Oregon
2021 Oregon
2022 Notre Dame, Texas
2023 Notre Dame, Texas, Boston College

I think the push is for al B1G teams to try and schedule tougher games going forward. You guys have a good one this year in washington who the talking heads seem to think is going to be good.

Biggets problme is you schedule these way out in the future and you never know what year a team may suck. Yiou are normally good with the blue bloods, but come 2018 and 2019 who knows TCU could be crappy again.

Reactions: rubigtimenow

2016 Oklahoma
2017 Oklahoma
2018 TCU, Oregon State
2019 TCU
2020 Oregon
2021 Oregon
2022 Notre Dame, Texas

I think the push is for al B1G teams to try and schedule tougher games going forward. You guys have a good one this year in washington who the talking heads seem to think is going to be good.

Biggets problme is you schedule these way out in the future and you never know what year a team may suck. Yiou are normally good with the blue bloods, but come 2018 and 2019 who knows TCU could be crappy again.
I don't think anyone's ever accused Ohio State of not trying to schedule well OOC. In fact I think the Buckeyes are one of the few teams in the P5 I've seen try to usually schedule tough.

Same with Auburn playing Rutgers. I think the correct statement is that they've never played a regular season game against an at the time member of the Big Ten.

2016 Oklahoma
2017 Oklahoma
2018 TCU, Oregon State
2019 TCU
2020 Oregon
2021 Oregon
2022 Notre Dame, Texas

Looks good.

Rutgers has some Power 5 OOC games coming up as well. Every school in the Big Ten should have at least one every season. Also we play our final FCS game in 2017.

2016: at Washington
2017: Washington
2018: at Kansas
2019: at Miami (FL)
2020: at UCLA
2021: UCLA
2022: TBA
2023: Virginia Tech
2024: at Virginia Tech

Also Miami (FL) at home most likely 2022 but that is not official yet.

The only way to guarantee good out of conference is a deal between conferences to fill a non-conf game like the proposed but abandoned big10-pac deal.

Short of that is always going be done guessing.

Yeah the Washington game was scheduled when they were awful.

Personally, I'd rather see the non-NYD6 bowls move to opening weekend of the following year. It forces schools to upgrade their schedule and gives a ton of great games Labor Day weekend

Alabama had a home and home and played in Crappy Valley around 2011
What month was the game up here?

Let's not forget RU beat Arkansas twice recently.

And in 2 months we also get Wisconsin vs LSU at Lambeau Field. Heck of a match up
Month? ;)

I don't think anyone's ever accused Ohio State of not trying to schedule well OOC. In fact I think the Buckeyes are one of the few teams in the P5 I've seen try to usually schedule tough.
Agree.

And not a slight by any means on our B1G brother but no SEC. Which I think is more on those down below than those of us up here.

The thing for aub is...THEY DONT HAVE TO! [winking]
But still open, as is the rest of the conference, for ridicule. :)

I am shocked to see a SEC up north. I am certain it be be a game early in the season so they do not have to deal with the cold.
Nearly all non-conference games are early in the season. Excluding Independents (Army), RU has played only two OOC games (Texas Southern and Kent State) after September.

Reactions: Local Shill
Personally, I prefer conference teams should play their OOC games first and then finish up with their entire in-conference schedule.

Bama's games at PSU were late Sept, before SEC schedule began. Georgia is going north for the first time since 65, though not sure where/when

Rutgers played Auburn in Giants stadium on November 6th, 1982, so apparently SEC teams do play late season games up north.

-Scarlet Jerry

Rutgers played Auburn in Giants stadium on November 6th, 1982, so apparently SEC teams do play late season games up north.

-Scarlet Jerry
I guess you missed the earlier post from PiscatawayMike showing his ticket stub from that Auburn/Rutgers game that was played at Auburn.
Hey, we're a B1G team and we played Auburn in 1982. [winking]

s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: Abro1975
I thought you was going to be sarcastic but that is a legit home and home. Also nice to see them get a SEC school to come up north.
PSU played Alabama during a home-and-home series a few years back. Good for PSU for getting Auburn. I'll definitely be watching and pulling for TTFP.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT