ADVERTISEMENT

Status of RU Wrestling Practices

RUMike

Freshman
Jan 4, 2002
We know that the wrestler who tested positive at UMD was sent back and is probably quarantining for 14 days. Day 14 is the day before the Big Ten tournament. So, I assume the wrestler will be able to wrestle. Does anyone know if practice is paused until everyone tests negative over a certain number of days? Any information would be great.

We know that the wrestler who tested positive at UMD was sent back and is probably quarantining for 14 days. Day 14 is the day before the Big Ten tournament. So, I assume the wrestler will be able to wrestle. Does anyone know if practice is paused until everyone tests negative over a certain number of days? Any information would be great.
B1G rule is 17 days quarantine, so if it was a wrestler and not a coach, then that wrestler isn't wresting in B1G championships, unless B1G changes its rules to 14 days. The 17 days was a reduction from the original 21 days to help tOSU FB for the national championship game, so maybe someone can get B1G to further reduce it, but it would likely take some big names to do so.

B1G rule is 17 days quarantine, so if it was a wrestler and not a coach, then that wrestler isn't wresting in B1G championships, unless B1G changes its rules to 14 days. The 17 days was a reduction from the original 21 days to help tOSU FB for the national championship game, so maybe someone can get B1G to further reduce it, but it would likely take some big names to do so.
As a comparison, in most states you only need 10 days of quarantining to return to public school just to give you an idea about what these institutions really care about $$$

The team practiced Sunday after a day off Saturday and will practice up until the Big Tens. I believe the positive test was to a backup not a starter which would not affect the Big Ten lineup

The team practiced Sunday after a day off Saturday and will practice up until the Big Tens. I believe the positive test was to a backup not a starter which would not affect the Big Ten lineup
Right, but all of the starters, coaches, etc. who were in close contact with that backup are obviously still at risk. If one of those guys tests positive over the next few days/week, they have no chance at the conference tournament.

I thought we were following the science? 17 days is completely unnecessary and no one follows that quarantine. Two weeks is what's been recommended.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT