ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Stephan Glasgow back with Rutgers wrestling

Can he wrestle 157 please??

Face value, 57 this year would be great to have Glasgow wrestle. Digging deeper into it though and based on what evidence we have, a redshirt year probably is best for him. He is talented and athletic, but it appears he needs to get things straightened out whether it is academic related or socially related. He is a fun wrestler to watch and is a very pleasant and respectable individual to talk to. Wrestling unattached/redshirting will get him back into the practice room/competing, get readjusted to school/sports, and hopefully on the straight and narrow once and for all. I wish him the best and look forward to him maximizing his potential.

Let Vanbrill continue to wrestle.Makes no sense to have Glasgow back out since he just rejoined the team.How is his conditioning? Wrestling as a redshirt unattached will do him and the team more good.Look at Aguilar & Janzer having a redshirt year has been beneficial for both wrestlers.

Reactions: bigmatt718

Let Vanbrill continue to wrestle.Makes no sense to have Glasgow back out since he just rejoined the team.How is his conditioning? Wrestling as a redshirt unattached will do him and the team more good.Look at Aguilar & Janzer having a redshirt year has been beneficial for both wrestlers.

You’re probably right. He has a ton of potential.

Looking ahead to next year

126 Aguilar SO
133 Suriano SR / Alvarez RS
141 JoJo SO
149 Vulakh FR
157 Kannaird FR
165 Glasgow SO
174 Grello SR
184 Janzer SO
197 Corrente SR
HWT Esposito JR

Reserves would include MVB, Turley, Lightner, Benner, Santos, and Angelo. Plus the incoming freshman. That’s a really good room.

What do the next two years look like as far as talent goes? Is there a chance we climb into the top 10 at some point?

126 Aguilar SO
141 JoJo SO
149 Vulakh FR
157 Kannaird FR
165 Glasgow SO
174 Grello SR
184 Janzer SO
197 Corrente SR
HWT Esposito JR

Reserves would include MVB, Turley, Lightner, Benner, Santos, and Angelo. Plus the incoming freshman. That’s a really good room.
We might also get Sea Bass as a grad transfer at 125 for a year.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Iowa beat Princeton today 30-9. Glory beat their backup as Lee is wrestling in the Olympic qualifying tourney in a week or so. Monday beat Caleb Young in an upset and Stafanik at 184 beat Terry Brands kid by 1.

SeaBass would be great, but I am excited to see Aguilar progress.
He seems to have made huge strides between last year and now.
He's supposedly going 33 when he comes back this year
I would expect most of these moves ultimately depend on Surianos decision/status.
That's the ultimate factor. If Suriano returns, then we just plug him in and Alvarez RS, or possibly moves up to 141 as he has the frame to do so.
I still expect NS back 2nd semester, like KS did at tOSU a few years back.

Brands tied it up at 6-6 with 30 seconds left. I guess he figured he could not ride him so he cut him to make it 7-6 and could not take down Stefanik

126 Aguilar SO
141 JoJo SO
149 Vulakh FR
157 Kannaird FR
165 Glasgow SO
174 Grello SR
184 Janzer SO
197 Corrente SR
HWT Esposito JR

Looking way too far ahead.Can we get through this year to see how the wrestlers truly turn out overall.

Very glad to hear he is back with the team. The more competition we have for 157 the better.

126 Aguilar SO
141 JoJo SO
149 Vulakh FR
157 Kannaird FR
165 Glasgow SO
174 Grello SR
184 Janzer SO
197 Corrente SR
HWT Esposito JR

No Inside Info, but If Nick doesn't come back in January after earning a spot in qualifiers, then I do not expect him to ever come back.

No Inside Info, but If Nick doesn't come back in January after earning a spot in qualifiers, then I do not expect him to ever come back.

I hope you are wrong with that. I have a feeling he will be seeking out a revenge match against Lee and/or Gross at some point, if possible. I think Nicky doesn't like to leave behind unfinished business. As witnessed last year against Desanto, Micic, and Fix. It's the Jersey spirit.

Trying to follow the logic but having a hard time. So he wrestles since grammar school to give up his last shot at another National Title for what? MMA, that'll still be there after this or next year? Olympics, after this one it doesn't happen again till 2024. This would be a pretty unprecedented move on his part.

I don’t buy that. He transferred to Rutgers because Rutgers was going to basically give him everything he wanted, as they should. He won a national title here. If he stays in school, I don’t see him going elsewhere.

I don’t buy that. He transferred to Rutgers because Rutgers was going to basically give him everything he wanted, as they should. He won a national title here. If he stays in school, I don’t see him going elsewhere.

I am pretty sure he was not saying he would go to another college, he said he would not come back. For what it is worth, I have heard the same thing that if he does not come back 2nd semester than he might be done with college.

How many qualify at each weight next week?? I thought I heard it was more than 1 per weight...would think that will go a long ways to determine where NS goes after that

I am pretty sure he was not saying he would go to another college, he said he would not come back. For what it is worth, I have heard the same thing that if he does not come back 2nd semester than he might be done with college.

I mean I guess that’s possible but is there a precedent for that? Has anyone ever been a legit National contender for their first 3 years of college just pass up their senior year?

I mean I guess that’s possible but is there a precedent for that? Has anyone ever been a legit National contender for their first 3 years of college just pass up their senior year?

college doesn’t fit in with Nicks career aspirations. Not sure why he would come back... to win a second national title?

Reactions: Leonard23
college doesn’t fit in with Nicks career aspirations. Not sure why he would come back... to win a second national title?
How many years does he actually have left to wrestle ...is he a senior ?, red shirt junior ? Red shirt senior ?....WNG would know I guess

How many years does he actually have left to wrestle ...is he a senior ?, red shirt junior ? Red shirt senior ?....WNG would know I guess

He wrestled 3 years already (1 at PSU and 2 at RU) so he has one left.

Reactions: Leonard23

I don’t mean this to sound disrespectful but how do you know what his career aspirations are?

ADVERTISEMENT