ADVERTISEMENT

Steve Pikiell interview - Recruiting, summer workouts, new point guard

Odd transition to soccer at the end of the article. Almost as if they ran out of room, cut out a few paragraphs and jumped to the last paragraph.

Reactions: KevH
Sanders is being pushed. I expect Mensah to play an important role going forward.

Mensah may be better than we anticipated. If he can defend(at 225 and speedy) he should be a menace on D.

He just needs to facilitate and get guys open. Dont expect much besides 6-8 ppg on O.

Sanders is being pushed. I expect Mensah to play an important role going forward.

Pikiell mentioned that early in his tenure last year, he said Sanders needed guys in practice that will really push him. I think having a fast 225 pounder will help Sanders develop more toughness and help him finish even while getting hit.

Reactions: Scangg and higgins3
It's not all that important that coaches get along, but it's nice to see a basketball coach at a soccer fundraiser.

Just watched a high school video on Bakers team. Just a short ten minute clip. Very impressed with Bakers defense. Very aware. I think he will push for 10-20 minutes a game and score 5-7 points. Good for Baker.

His future at Rutgers looks very bright.

Reactions: Scangg
Also just watched a ten minute clip of a Myles Johnson game. Passes out of the post very well, and has as advertised, proper hands.

His weaknesses are that his conditioning needs work. That is a great weakness to have with this staff. He will get into shape.

I have mentioned before, he has a very quiet confidence about his game. Can post up, play against fronts. Seems like he knows he can do the job.

He will need to assert himself a little more at times, and I think Jay Young will help him out a ton there. Potential is definitely there. Very smooth player. Once he gets running, you have a kid who will press for 15-20 minutes a game. Johnson also has a very bright future at RU.

Well done, Pikiell and staff. Two very good gets in Johnson and Baker.

Reactions: Scangg
Odd transition to soccer at the end of the article. Almost as if they ran out of room, cut out a few paragraphs and jumped to the last paragraph.

Yes, but very nice props for the women's soccer coaches! Richly deserved.

Believe Coach was being interviewed at Women's soccer fund raiser at Louis Brown recruiting center. Spoke with him earlier, when he also gave props to Women's soccer coaches & program, & he said he would be attending & he was there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT