ADVERTISEMENT

Steve Pikiell on The Scarlet Spotlight podcast

RUJON

All Conference
Gold Member
Jun 23, 2001
Men's basketball coach Steve Pikiell joins The Scarlet Spotlight sponsored by DEVCO.

www.thescarletspotlight.com

Episode 91: Steve Pikiell — Scarlet Spotlight

EP. 91 "The Sellout Streak" (Steve Pikiell) The Scarlet Spotlight is excited to be joined by Rutgers men's basketball head coach Steve Pikiell for Episode 91 of the podcast. The sixth-year head coach looked back at the 2021 NCAA Tournament, which broke RU's 30-year drought. Pikiell also c

Coach talks Geo and Ron, the making of the schedule, fans in the RAC and TV giveaways. Danny and I also talk football, reviewing the grimy game at the Dome and previewing Delaware.

As always we appreciate your questions and comments.

Thanks for listening,

Jon

Good stuff guys !

I’m really gojng to be curious if coach
-plays more zone with all that length
-throws a couple of stretches per game of zone pressing and falling back into the zone ...we have the depth to do it

Pike is da man
1st class

I was surprised to hear that he thinks Hyatt is the best shooter on the team and that Cliff is the hardest worker he’s ever coached

He also hyped up Reiber
Said Caleb is finally healthy

Loves the team length

Very good interview. It was interesting the number of times Pike mentioned chemistry and enjoying playing together. That seemed indirectly pointing at JY and Montez.

Reactions: DirtyRU
Great stuff!

Anyone else catch the part where he said they'd be some staff type announcements soon? Did I hear that correctly?

Pike is da man
1st class

I was surprised to hear that he thinks Hyatt is the best shooter on the team and that Cliff is the hardest worker he’s ever coached

He also hyped up Reiber
Said Caleb is finally healthy

Loves the team length
If true about Hyatt - he’s the Yeboah type we might be looking for. And if Rieber can off any type of quality minutes, wirh what we already know about the other players…we might not have to sweat come selection Sunday

Was very happy to hear Pike’s comments about Reiber. We’re deep everywhere else, and if he’s a legit backup at the 5, we’re gonna be an even tougher out.

Reactions: Scarlet83
For those who missed the episode on Friday:

Reactions: gregkoko
ADVERTISEMENT