ADVERTISEMENT

Still a chance

MADHAT1

Hall of Famer
Apr 1, 2003
It's still mathematically possible for Rutgers to make the postseason with a Bowl Game invite with a 6-6 record
At 3 & 3 all that is needed is win 3 out of the 6 games left on the schedule
Indiana home cooking might help, a possible win ( a ?)
Minnesota at their house no chance, but if at home same difference.(L)
Michigan coming to SHI lets RU fans sit in their seats and watch the beat-down (L)
MSU at their place gives them a good chance to win, but RU would have a hard time taking the game at home.(L)
PSU will rule the SHI that day.(L)
Maryland at one time thought a RU win, even if an away game. Now a loss anywhere.(L)

The way I'm seeing the rest of schedule is not my usual optimistic outlook.
Pessimistic outlook for rest of season has taken hold and my saying there is a chance has tuned into I doubt it..

All I can say is wait till next year and if Gavin is ready , bowl game time
If Wimsatt proves to be another dud, I expect RU to be a loser .
But feel he'll do what it takes , have a running game to help and the RU D will do it's job again.
I still have faith in RU's future under Schiano, but totally disappointed in how bad the offensive is this season and won't blame anyone but Greg for that.

As the old Brooklyn Bums' fan used to say:
"Wait till next year:
I say it will get done: "Eventually if not sooner "

Schiano is done bro. He's lost the team and majority of the fan base. Maybe he can hire Paul Chryst as OC to save his job and at least give us an offense that isn brain dead. But at this point my expectations of him are to fail

Last edited:
Only winnable game left is Indiana and that is looking harder every minute. Looking at 6 years without a home conference win....

Reactions: mikemarc1
It's still mathematically possible for Rutgers to make the postseason with a Bowl Game invite with a 6-6 record
At 3 & 3 all that is needed is win 3 out of the 6 games left on the schedule
Indiana home cooking might help, a possible win ( a ?)
Minnesota at their house no chance, but if at home same difference.(L)
Michigan coming to SHI lets RU fans sit in their seats and watch the beat-down (L)
MSU at their place gives them a good chance to win, but RU would have a hard time taking the game at home.(L)
PSU will rule the SHI that day.(L)
Maryland at one time thought a RU win, even if an away game. Now a loss anywhere.(L)

The way I'm seeing the rest of schedule is not my usual optimistic outlook.
Pessimistic outlook for rest of season has taken hold and my saying there is a chance has tuned into I doubt it..

All I can say is wait till next year and if Gavin is ready , bowl game time
If Wimsatt proves to be another dud, I expect RU to be a loser .
But feel he'll do what it takes , have a running game to help and the RU D will do it's job again.
I still have faith in RU's future under Schiano, but totally disappointed in how bad the offensive is this season and won't blame anyone but Greg for that.

As the old Brooklyn Bums' fan used to say:
"Wait till next year:
I say it will get done: "Eventually if not sooner "
Pretty much the reality Hat.
I’ll add, even if GW is good we have no QB room to back him up.
I don’t think we’ll be a bowl team until the room has at least two D-1 P-5 QB’s

Reactions: Jimpeg
Who is paying for him to be shown the door? Who pays the next head coach to work miracles in less time then GS?
They may not have money to fire him, but enjoy a stadium with 25k attendance and state-wide apathy for the remainder of his contract

Schiano is done bro. He's lost the team and majority of the fan base. Maybe he can hire Paul Chryst as OC to save his job and at least give us an offense that isn brain dead. But at this point my expectations of him are to fail
How do you figure he's lost the team? That is just a dumb comment! And doubt he has lost the majority of the fan base. Just because the usual asses on here are chirping, they are far from representing the majority. You speak out of your ass.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
How do you figure he's lost the team? That is just a dumb comment! And doubt he has lost the majority of the fan base. Just because the usual asses on here are chirping, they are far from representing the majority. You speak out of your ass.

yes highly doubt a “majority” wants him out…

But over hearing people talking on walk from stadium to lots after game….a whole lot of the fanbase it seems is finally questioning the hire.

You're right, make sure you get your ticket for Indiana before it sells out

Fanbase is tepid and hardly diehard. Just this morning a guy wearing RU sweatshirt at baseball game says, 'greg just sucks' ....in pa

Who is paying for him to be shown the door? Who pays the next head coach to work miracles in less time then GS?
About the buyout money some fans think should be paid ASAP.
Like it or not Hobbs' isn't going to dump Schiano if the fan-base turns against him.
Rutgers will keep Greg till the end of his 6th year if RU hasn't had a winning season under Greg2.
That's because Rutgers won't be buying him out like other programs do with a HC with years left on their contract .
So just hope this year was a step back and we'll see forward program again next year .

Like it or lump it the anti Shiano movement won't have weels until around 2025 and live with knowing : if Greg has a few winning seasons before then he'll probably be extended for a higher salary and more years.

I juist hope this is one of those step back years before programs get on solid ground and mopve forward from then on

About the buyout money some fans think should be paid ASAP.
Like it or not Hobbs' isn't going to dump Schiano if the fan-base turns against him.
Rutgers will keep Greg till the end of his 6th year if RU hasn't had a winning season under Greg2.
That's because Rutgers won't be buying him out like other programs do with a HC with years left on their contract .
So just hope this year was a step back and we'll see forward program again next year .

Like it or lump it the anti Shiano movement won't have weels until around 2025 and live with knowing : if Greg has a few winning seasons before then he'll probably be extended for a higher salary and more years.

I juist hope this is one of those step back years before programs get on solid ground and mopve forward from then on

hope so too. But very little giving me hope for future. We will see. Go RU

Wasn’t Gleason a good OC at Oklahoma State? So he comes here and he sucks? Seems like he’s not the root cause

Wasn’t Gleason a good OC at Oklahoma State? So he comes here and he sucks? Seems like he’s not the root cause
How much was it Gleeson or Gundy?

It's the same issue we've had with Ash...he was one half of the DC room at OSU...plus it's OSU where you have blue chips at every position.

Reactions: RUaMoose
Fanbase is tepid and hardly diehard. Just this morning a guy wearing RU sweatshirt at baseball game says, 'greg just sucks' ....in pa
So based on a comment made by a person you do not even know translates into a tepid fan base? Hope you never have jury duty!

So based on a comment made by a person you do not even know translates into a tepid fan base? Hope you never have jury duty!
Sorry if you're too dumb to follow the conversation and derive meaning

ADVERTISEMENT