ADVERTISEMENT

Still confident in a full RU Stadium given NJ's high vaccination rates/low case rates and sources; Update: RU announces 100% capacity for football

That anyone is still pushing the jab.
But why is that sad?

Assuming you mean advocating for vaccination, that should be what everybody wants. The best way to stamp out COVID and eliminate the possibility of a vaccine-resistant (and more deadly) variant evolving while also avoiding more cases of serious illness or death is to increase the percentage of immune people to as close to 100% as we can. That's what the vaccines do.

So I'm happy to see anybody join in that effort. Not sad.

Reactions: Plum Street
But why is that sad?

Assuming you mean advocating for vaccination, that should be what everybody wants. The best way to stamp out COVID and eliminate the possibility of a vaccine-resistant (and more deadly) variant evolving while also avoiding more cases of serious illness or death is to increase the percentage of immune people to as close to 100% as we can. That's what the vaccines do.

So I'm happy to see anybody join in that effort. Not sad.
We may reach 100% vaccination but the rest of the world isn't even gonna come close. If the mega variant comes that renders vaccines largely useless it's going to form in either South America, India, China, or Africa where vaccination is marginal at best (or they receive inferior vaccines).

The Gods have spoken.
The Gods have decreed.
Anti-vaxxers shall be rewarded.
Exclusive cruise vacations shall be boarded.
Step this way,
Up the gangway.
Crowd the buffet - it's the only way!

We may reach 100% vaccination but the rest of the world isn't even gonna come close. If the mega variant comes that renders vaccines largely useless it's going to form in either South America, India, China, or Africa where vaccination is marginal at best (or they receive inferior vaccines).
That's something the world should work harder to address since it benefits us all. I cannot disagree, though, that it most likely won't be addressed as well as it should.

ADVERTISEMENT