ADVERTISEMENT

@ Stony Brook - anyone making the trip?

RU-Tim

Junior
Feb 4, 2003
I have not been to a game at the RAC in 2 years as I live on Long Island but just purchased tickets (through RU) for this game as its an easy drive for me. The ticket office rep stated they did not know at this point where the seats were as they said they have not been allocated yet, but hopefully it's somewhere near our bench. Arena is on the smaller side (capacity is 4k) but looks quite nice as it was recently renovated. Hopefully we are sitting with a bunch of RU fans who make the trip as it's a Saturday night game. Interestingly, I read that the state of NY paid for almost the entire ($20mm) cost of the renovation. http://www.stonybrookathletics.com/sports/2016/8/25/facilities-ston-10-arena-html.aspx

I attended the game at St John's last year and there were not many of us, although Julie was there.

Reactions: AD888
I have not been to a game at the RAC in 2 years as I live on Long Island but just purchased tickets (through RU) for this game as its an easy drive for me. The ticket office rep stated they did not know at this point where the seats were as they said they have not been allocated yet, but hopefully it's somewhere near our bench. Arena is on the smaller side (capacity is 4k) but looks quite nice as it was recently renovated. Hopefully we are sitting with a bunch of RU fans who make the trip as it's a Saturday night game. Interestingly, I read that the state of NY paid for almost the entire ($20mm) cost of the renovation. http://www.stonybrookathletics.com/sports/2016/8/25/facilities-ston-10-arena-html.aspx

I attended the game at St John's last year and there were not many of us, although Julie was there.

intrigued by this..lived in Yapank for 5 years off the William Floyd and my son was actually born at SB Hospital...haven't been out there since 1992. Moved back to Jersey about a month after he was born. (but just got handed some Army-Navy tix so may be going south instead)

intrigued by this..lived in Yapank for 5 years off the William Floyd and my son was actually born at SB Hospital...haven't been out there since 1992. Moved back to Jersey about a month after he was born. (but just got handed some Army-Navy tix so may be going south instead)
Would consider it if there was a bus from organized from the RAC. Is that a possibility?

I'll be at the game as well. I moved from Fort Lee, NJ to Commack, NY about 8 years ago. I bought tickets since this is a 15 minute drive from my house. Anxious to see the new arena as this will be my first time there.

Reactions: higgins3
it would be great to support RU and our new coach by attending !
SB is 2-5,,,one of its losses is by 14 to Md.....
will be a good game !

IFCU Arena is an awesome place to catch a game. It reminds me a lot of the RAC. If this is a close game expect it to be really loud, almost annoyingly loud. Looking forward to it. I've been there a couple of times this year since it's only 15 minutes from my house.

I am looking forward to the game. It should be really loud with Steve Pikiell returning to Stony Brook. Hopefully our guy can play hard for Coach and themselves. I'm sure the Stony Brook faithful will play extremely hard and try to defeat their former coach. It should be a tough game for us but I hope we can get the W.

I
I am looking forward to the game. It should be really loud with Steve Pikiell returning to Stony Brook. Hopefully our guy can play hard for Coach and themselves. I'm sure the Stony Brook faithful will play extremely hard and try to defeat their former coach. It should be a tough game for us but I hope we can get the W.
I received our seats from Rutgers in the mail yesterday, section 104 row K. one section over from our bench

Thanks . I was thinking of training it out there but forgot I have a Christmas party that night

Missed @Minnesota last season because I was completely crushed by the flu, but prior to that we'd been to every road game played since 2003.

We don't miss many...no.
I'm sorry you've wasted so much money over the years. my condolences to your bank account and retirement plans

I'm sorry you've wasted so much money over the years. my condolences to your bank account and retirement plans
Haters always gonna hate...

I've lived a over a decade on the road with this program, developed so many relationships and made many more friends. I'm wealthy beyond words in that regard, and nobody could ever take that away.

I consider it a blessing to be able to do what my wife and I do as it pertains to RU hoops.

So...don't worry about me brother...I'm good.

I'll be there with my 2 boys, section 202. I've never been to this arena, although I live in Manorville, and I was born and raised in Commack. Looking forward to seeing RU play and win.

I would like to but can't find anyone that wants to go from Hoboken. Guess espn3 it is

Still think all the red should be green instead.
logo.png

Or the blue switched to the green and the red should be blue.

Just don't "see" red when I read or hear the name Seawolves.

Interestingly, I read that the state of NY paid for almost the entire ($20mm) cost of the renovation. http://www.stonybrookathletics.com/sports/2016/8/25/facilities-ston-10-arena-html.aspx
NY State and SUNY has a very different model than NJ. They pay for capital construction costs centrally and separate state funds without adding it to the University debt burden. In New Jersey between 1988 and 2014 everything built on any public NJ campus was paid for by the University borrowing money and then paying it back from students or other users. Dorms from rent. RU stadium by ticket purchasers.
Also the U. of Buffalo Football Stadium we played in a while back was all NYS money.

I'll be there with my 2 boys, section 202. I've never been to this arena, although I live in Manorville, and I was born and raised in Commack. Looking forward to seeing RU play and win.

I'm in section 202 also...

i am pulling the trigger on tix today. can i buy from RU or do i go direct to stony brook?
I'm about 45 min west of stony brook on the south shore

I Couldn't buy them on Scarletknights.com. Bought them from the stony brook site. Only section left was 203, which is RUs side anyway. See you there!

Im not being a douche, just saying, its a lot of money wasted to follow this team around like a puppy for 13 years
I actually agree with you.

Traveling around the country to watch a basketball team and be a big part of the program must be awful. I'd rather just sit on my ass in NJ and judge other people and their more eventful lives.

I bought tickets a while ago through sk.com and I'm in section 104. This will probably be close to a packed house and the most hostile road environment that this team has faced to date.

visiting team tickets are usually top corner to the left of the student section if you're looking from on the court. Right side of the court if you're looking at where you walk in, same side as the bench. It's a good view considering the place isn't huge.

Just checked their seating chart. It's sections 104 and 203 if I remember correctly.

pps: 104 and 203 are both up higher, so don't think there's a huge difference when buying. 103 is the money slot behind the bench, suites are down there also.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT