ADVERTISEMENT

STOP PILING ON THE KIDS!

I believe RUTrini made a great post as well. Most of us are frustrated and feeling terrible but I myself am always 100 % behind our guys. I am certain they feel horrible as well but they wear the name Rutgers on their uniform and I will forever support them as I have for the last 49 years. Criticizing will not help anyone. They need our support.

You guys got to toughen up sometimes. Enough with the "How dare you say something negative for someone choose to play for our alma mater". If the team is playing great I am going to applaud them, if the team is playing like garbage and making stupid play after stupid play I am going to point that out as well.

There is too much coddling on this fan base. You guys want to win at the level of Iowa or Duke or Texas or any successful team but you also wan't to act like the fans of harvard, yale and dartmouth.

If a player isn't good enough to play in the big ten, they should be directed towards transferring, simple as that. People here will say "well what about his education". Grow a pair already, it happens at every school but you want Rutgers to be different.

I also love when you guys all say school a b or c is paying kids, but then someone hints that we may have done the same thing and you guys respond with "no we didn't how dare you attack coach x for saying that".

So you think if we beat out a recruit over one of those schools that pays that we did it because he just has so much pride in playing at rutgers.

I am not saying Pike did anything he shouldn't have, just saying you guys need to toughen up and take off those scarlet colored glasses.

Reactions: Rutgers56
The start of the other two games don’t ring a bell, but the start of the SHU game were scripted plays that the players executed and made the RAC explode. We basically punched SHU in the mouth and Powell got hurt and they couldn’t recover.

It’s not like we did any thing fancy after that early run. The game actually played out even afterwards.
Common on man. Be honest for even a second. Your reply was atrocious kinda like how our players are playing now.

They deserve to be piled on. It’s the real world, performance counts. They came here to play basketball. They have stopped hustling and they act like they don’t care. They are adults not kids

Reactions: shields
RUTrini, great post !!!
Keep the faith !!!Pounding Nails:CHOP:

Rutgers Basketball
2020 NCAA Basketball Tournament
Great post on how players should be not chastised for lack of effort ? Man you and RUTrini need to comeback to reality. “ You reap what ye sow “ . In this case the play and effort has been a total crap show . If you believe last season we were a NCAA team then you must admit we are not at this point even a middle of the pack B1G team. Keep feeding RUTrini and the pablum crowd over the next 8 weeks.

I believe RUTrini made a great post as well. Most of us are frustrated and feeling terrible but I myself am always 100 % behind our guys. I am certain they feel horrible as well but they wear the name Rutgers on their uniform and I will forever support them as I have for the last 49 years. Criticizing will not help anyone. They need our support.
And you then are accepting mediocrity at best. Well I have been following Rutgers BB since 1960 ... many seasons of bad basketball combined with a few very good ones. Why because you can’t in 2021 criticize players in their late teens -20 somethings . No matter these are not 11-12 year olds we are talking about. These young adults are certainly more than capable. They are on scholarship and living away from home as many others have done before. Tell me this do you honestly believe teams such as MSU, OSU , Iowa, Michigan would accept ineptness and a lack of effort? This is why a little constructive criticism may be necessary . The fans and it’s alums pay for those scholarships and all the those niceties they get on top. Remember how the new center was a game changer according to the man in charge. If so they are not making use of it ... Free throws is just one example... I probably can still hit 6 out of 10 from the line as an 70+ and I haven’t shot one in over a year. Give them all a group hug knights1212.

I think most fans love the players and wish them the best. I certainly do. I just think they need to toughen up and play good d and rebound and not be lazy settling on offense and standing around. Same things I told my kid. He certainly didn’t want to hear at times and I am know I came off as a Jackwod sometimes and still do but it was with love in the heart and we're good. This fanbase is desperate and wanting this team to do well. There’s real passion that certainly doesn’t always manifest in the best ways at times but we all want the same thing and we all care or we wouldn’t be here.

Reactions: RUTRINI and RUBOB72
Well said and exactly what needs to be done. A little tough love is not always a bad thing. 2 players are definitely underperforming . Several others are it appears thinking why bother. If those 3 injured players are still hurting sit ‘em down. If not and this continues Pikiell will have no other choice but limit touches since it is hurting the rest of the young ones.

Reactions: bethlehemfan
You want recruits to come here? Sure we are all disappointed and want to see better results on the court but my goodness...have some hope and belief in the kids. Don't complain about the kids quitting when you quit on them as fans. Talking about transferring??? These kids love RU and played hard for the fans when the RAC was rocking. Now when they need us to believe in and support them more than ever you want to kick them out of locker rooms??? They have earned some good will from us as fans and we need to hang with them sink or swim.

GO RU
Every single message board in the nation “trashes” their kids and coaches when losing. There is not one school that doesn’t.

I think Mike Rice could have been good if he could control himself, but..

last years team was way better than any Mike Rice team and this team is still much better analytically than any Mike Rice team was.
Very true statement. The frustrating thing is that last years team would wipe the floor with this years team. Same players. The only difference IMO, last years group had fight in them, this years group doesn't.

Don’t pile on the kids ? Theses are athletes who have trained for probably 15 + years . Do you believe they care what we say if they know it is factual and true . At this moment we lack the intensity and drive to succeed in a very strong conference. Perhaps the best in the USA top to bottom. I still talk to many young kids especially while dragging my old ass around a high school track with the wife daily. Most always ask me about Rutgers sports and know I still die a thousand deaths when they play like crap. These kids as you call them can take criticism or should be able to take our criticisms . They surely love it when we go crazy over the top when they win. So this “ don’t pile on “ whine is soft . Is that what you want? How they have played recently is soft and sorry it needs to be emphasized by all . The staff and team needs to make a big choice before the next several games. I don’t mind losses when we play hard . What I can’t stomach is some fans also excusing lackluster efforts As a legitimate excuse.

I agree with most of this but I do understand not piling on players for missing shots, making mistakes, etc.. However, criticism of the players lack of effort, laziness, and pouting (and there is a lot of it) is all fair game. In addition, our coach makes a shitload of money, so he’s fair game too.

ADVERTISEMENT