ADVERTISEMENT

STORY: JUCO National Champion commits to Rutgers Wrestling

Lex Knapp

All Conference
Staff
Mar 27, 2018
Rutgers wrestling fans had concerns about who would anchor the Scarlet Knights in 2021. Fear no more, as NJCAA national champion, Boone McDermott, will be transferring into Rutgers.

McDermott took to Twitter to announce his commitment to the Scarlet Knights, coming to the banks with three years of eligibility remaining.

Built like a tank, at 6’3” and 250+ lbs, McDermott is an athletic big man who can make an immediate impact for Rutgers wrestling. Click the link below for more in Boone McDermott’s commitment and what it means for Rutgers wrestling!
https://rutgers.rivals.com/news/juco-national-champion-commits-to-rutgers-wrestling

Lex, great article. Do you think he is an NCAA qualifier next year? Blood round guy? AA candidate?

I view him as a likely NCAA qualifier with a decent chance at being a blood round guy.

Well, he does seem destined for at least top 20 so already I'm thankful. He will be an interesting one for sure.

Staff had a plan all along and here I was worried. This is a great get kudos to the staff I'm super excited for this one.

giphy.gif

Koleszar
Oh ye of little faith! Remember when I told you Boone was here on a visit? All is well that ends well buddy.
Believe me my season ticket group is super excited for this one. I was at work getting texts from 8 different guys. I told them you've got to stop so I can get some work done and get on the wrestling board. So my buddy Bill can tell me how wrong I was to worry after we didn't get Tate. :)

Reactions: KidDagger
Koleszar
It is ok. We still love you and know your heart is in the right place. Going to be fun

Reactions: koleszar
ADVERTISEMENT