ADVERTISEMENT

Strategic Vision

Kind of a nothingburger outside of implementing Phase II of the RU Master Plan. I'm trying to google to find out what that includes.

Reactions: RUsSKii and BlockR
so ,it took all these years to create this BS 'mission statement"?
Ok sounds great Pat,now tell us
1. How you are going to fix football?
2. How you are going to create a better fan experience?
Easy to say you plan on doing it,when and how are a better question that needs answers..

so ,it took all these years to create this BS 'mission statement"?
Ok sounds great Pat,now tell us
1. How you are going to fix football?
2. How you are going to create a better fan experience?
Easy to say you plan on doing it,when and how are a better question that needs answers..
You are miserable.

Oh, come on. They posted something that they called a "strategic vision" that is really nothing more than a rah-rah brochure and video. Maybe there is a real strategic plan, but it isn't what they posted.
Sorry, but I think Rutgers “supporters” just like to sit around and bitch instead of doing something to improve the athletic department. Hobbs knows what he’s doing and I’m fully behind him.

Reactions: ru66
heres the fact.
Perception equals reality.
Rutgers football has gone backwards under Hobbs and Ash.
People like yourself ,that refuse to admit it needs to be changed now, are enablers for mismanagement and acceptance of the current bottom feeder level of power football to continue .
Dude, shove it up your ass. I’m done with you.

Cosmo Kramer has done it again! A 3-minute vision video of nothing is right up there with the manssiere. Genius!

Sorry, but I think Rutgers “supporters” just like to sit around and bitch instead of doing something to improve the athletic department. Hobbs knows what he’s doing and I’m fully behind him.
No. Some supporters have tried in various ways to make suggestions and get involved, only to see their entreaties fall on deaf ears. Don't know why you have such a problem when something sucks that some will express their opinion as such.

Whether Hobbs knows what he is doing or not doesn't change the fact that this is just a puff piece, not a strategic plan. As I said previously, "Maybe there is a real strategic plan, but it isn't what they posted."

So this is what they came up with?

STUDENT-ATHLETE EXCELLENCE
GOAL 1: ENHANCE ACADEMIC OUTCOMES
GOAL 2: ADVANCE ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE
GOAL 3: FOSTER PERSONAL GROWTH AND WELL-BEING

CULTURAL EXCELLENCE
GOAL 1: SUPPORT OUR PEOPLE
GOAL 2: MAINTAIN OUR CULTURE OF COMPLIANCE
GOAL 3: ENHANCE OUR GAME DAY EXPERIENCE

PROGRAM EXCELLENCE
GOAL 1: EMPOWER PROGRAMS
GOAL 2: ENHANCE ADMINISTRATION SUPPORT
GOAL 3: INVEST IN FACILITIES

SUSTAINING EXCELLENCE
GOAL 1: GROW RESOURCES
GOAL 2: BUILD BRAND EQUITY
GOAL 3: LEVERAGE TECHNOLOGY AND DATA ANALYTICS

A strategic vision isn't a strategic plan. This isn't meant to be comprehensive document.
From Pat Hobbs' statement on Page 2: "This is more than a simple statement of our aspirations. This is a working plan that allows us to measure our success"

I'm sure (or I hope) there is a real plan somewhere. But this document doesn't present a "strategic vision" or a "strategic plan".

Any strategic plan (or vision) that doesn't include goals for performance (i.e. WINNING) is weak.
This is ride based, not destination based planning.

Kudos for the character reinforcement.
But sitting at the well behaved kids table appears to be our goal.

we don't start by envisioning winning on the field of play? Hence Rutgers historical fall short model. We don't expect to win.

Last edited:
This doesn't reflect a comprehensive view of all the work done. This is exactly what it appears - an overall high level strategic view that shapes priorities, planning, and direction for the entire athletic department. Each goal and step would have substantially more work/detail attached but this is a marketing piece not an implementation document.

I don't have an inside knowledge but I've been a part of enough enterprise-wide strategic planning processes to know that. This isn't meant to be a revolutionary "wow" document. It is what it is and I'll bet you'll find it isn't much different in style than many other athletic documents.

Last edited:
Reactions: MidwestKnights
Any strategic plan (or vision) that doesn't include goals for performance (i.e. WINNING) is weak.
This is ride based, not destination based planning.

Kudos for the character reinforcement.
But sitting at the well behaved kids table appears to be our goal.

we don't start by envisioning winning on the field of play? Hence Rutgers historical fall short model. We don't expect to win.

I suspect you won't find wins and losses in the overwhelming majority of athletic department strategic plans.

ADVERTISEMENT