ADVERTISEMENT

Strategic Vision

Dude, shove it up your ass. I’m done with you.
coming from a loser like you,no biggie.
Carry on Loserboy, keep waving your pom poms.
Go Jim!
ugly_cheerleaders_01.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: RUaMoose
This doesn't reflect a comprehensive view of all the work done. This is exactly what it appears - an overall high level strategic view that shapes priorities, planning, and direction for the entire athletic department. Each goal and step would have substantially more work/detail attached but this is a marketing piece not an implementation document.

I don't have an inside knowledge but I've been a part of enough enterprise-wide strategic planning processes to know that. This isn't meant to be a revolutionary "wow" document. It is what it is and I'll bet you'll find it isn't much different in style than many other athletic documents.
Agreed, but you also don't just generally release a small summary on it's own. It should probably have been part of a much larger presentation by Hobbs.

From Pat Hobbs' statement on Page 2: "This is more than a simple statement of our aspirations. This is a working plan that allows us to measure our success"

I'm sure (or I hope) there is a real plan somewhere. But this document doesn't present a "strategic vision" or a "strategic plan".
there is no detail, or "action plan" to explain how this will all be accomplished.
Hiring proven power five winning coaches,to instill a winning culture may help.
Asst first time wannabe Head Coaches dont check those boxes.
See Chris Ash.

Read this and felt only anger. A paper full of buzzwords with no indication whatsoever of any strategic vision or improvement plan. Two minutes of my life I'll never get back. Here's how I will judge the program's progress.

1. Win damn football games
2. Win damn football games
3. Win danm football games.

there is no detail, or "action plan" to explain how this will all be accomplished.
Hiring proven power five winning coaches,to instill a winning culture may help.
Asst first time wannabe Head Coaches dont check those boxes.
See Chris Ash.

How do you know that there is not detail or "action plan?" How many conversations have youpersonally had with Pat Hobbs, Sarah B. or someone in development on this topic. Safe guess it is none, which matches the number of brain cells you have.

Thanks for the pro tip, Einstein on hiring a proven power 5 winning coach. How many were willing to come here when Hobbs made the hire for the paltry $2 million/year and paltry assistant pay pool that was on the table? You got names? No, PJ and Dino were not on the list for that money. And neither was Greg.

So shut the hell up once and for all.

Reactions: TRU2RU
How do you know that there is not detail or "action plan?" How many conversations have youpersonally had with Pat Hobbs, Sarah B. or someone in development on this topic. Safe guess it is none, which matches the number of brain cells you have.

Thanks for the pro tip, Einstein on hiring a proven power 5 winning coach. How many were willing to come here when Hobbs made the hire for the paltry $2 million/year and paltry assistant pay pool that was on the table? You got names? No, PJ and Dino were not on the list for that money. And neither was Greg.

So shut the hell up once and for all.

Like you. Like your value to the board. Personal attacks like this? Not so much .
Reflects nightly "news' lol.
#raisethebarondiscourse

Reactions: ATIOH and rags
the malcontents who usually think they "know it all" and stress that everything RU does is wrong are at it again--any RU success will make you miserable--get a life --you refuse to accept ANYTHING that is a positive--I wish you contributed with your pocketbook at the same level as your mouth--your reactions serve no useful purpose--stop "rooting" for RU--your "support "sucks

Last edited:
The report states this as the criteria for how Rutgers “will measure our progress:’’

• Academic Progress Rate (APR)
  • Overall Grade Point Average
  • Academic All-Big Ten honorees
  • Postgraduate outcomes
  • Community service hours
  • Compliance education
  • Big Ten Conference rank
  • Learfield Cup ranking
  • Programs qualifying for postseason play
  • All-Big Ten honors
  • Total giving
  • Annual fund donor growth
  • Scholarship support through annual gifts and endowments
  • Attendance growth
  • Media exposure

Like you. Like your value to the board. Personal attacks like this? Not so much .
Reflects nightly "news' lol.
#raisethebarondiscourse
Thank you. Truth be told, I dialed it down.
BlockR is a troublemaker and malcontent. If the moderators were allowed to moderate, he would have been gone long ago. He brings nothing to the table, but the same old attacks on Hobbs and Ash. This has been rehashed over and over and over and over again with him.

Agreed, but you also don't just generally release a small summary on it's own. It should probably have been part of a much larger presentation by Hobbs.
Mooby - oh, you mean like releasing a 4-page summary of a 448 page report? Yeah, why would anyone do something like that?

The report states this as the criteria for how Rutgers “will measure our progress:’’

• Academic All-Big Ten honorees
  • Postgraduate outcomes
  • Community service hours
  • Compliance education
  • Big Ten Conference rank
  • Learfield Cup ranking
  • Programs qualifying for postseason play
  • All-Big Ten honors
  • Total giving
  • Annual fund donor growth
  • Scholarship support through annual gifts and endowments
  • Attendance growth
  • Media exposure
Well we pretty much suck at all of those except for the Academic Achievements and Community service. Maybe Hobbs can develop a strategic plan to market season tickets to Chemistry and English classes.

So if they really have a strategic vision why isn't there a game on the 150th anniversary?? Some of you are clowns to believe anything that comes out of this administration.
150th anniversary of what? Just asking for a friend, Bob. B.

150th anniversary of what? Just asking for a friend, Bob. B.
Bob B, I'm guessing you and your friend Pat H don't have a clue about Rutgers history. Too late to salvage the anniversary but if I were both of you I start listening to the fans that are still hanging on.

In many ways that document is even more disappointing. It is not very strategic, nor very visionary. It seems to be more a list of mostly already-known short-term tactics.

to me this is an utter failure and reeks of desperation by the athletic department, there was zero in that video or report that gave me any confidence. Starting with the same tired cliches about academics

how much money did they spend on this
probably a significant amount of money that could have went to a proven power five new H.C,but the current admins figured they would try and sell more B.S. to the fan base for another season of horrible football.

I would just suggest go and look at what other schools have in this area. None of it is ever groundbreaking revolutionary stuff. I’m not wowed by it but I wouldn’t expect to be either. In the end was he results are what matter

Reactions: Knight Shift

• Positive media exposure
Fixed the last one.

I'm sure its similar at all schools, but I hate that a University cannot come out and say the primary goal for athletics is to win athletic contests. I mean, isn't that the whole damn point? All this stupid nonsense about academic achievement is so silly. If the primary goal was really to achieve a high APR and academic excellence, we would give all the football scholarships to honor students who had an interest in playing football.

Reactions: RUaMoose
I'm sure its similar at all schools, but I hate that a University cannot come out and say the primary goal for athletics is to win athletic contests. I mean, isn't that the whole damn point? All this stupid nonsense about academic achievement is so silly. If the primary goal was really to achieve a high APR and academic excellence, we would give all the football scholarships to honor students who had an interest in playing football.

Go back and read the measurements of success.

Go back and read the measurements of success.

Oh, excuse me. Cannot make it the top goal. Did you really not understand what I was saying? Would you say the notion of winning is identified as a top priority in the document, taken as a whole?

How many of these are winning? Three?

• Academic Progress Rate (APR) ACADEMIC
  • Overall Grade Point Average ACADEMIC
  • Academic All-Big Ten honorees ACADEMIC
  • Postgraduate outcomes ACADEMIC
  • Community service hours IMAGE
  • Compliance education IMAGE
  • Big Ten Conference rank WINNING
  • Learfield Cup ranking WINNING
  • Programs qualifying for postseason play WINNING
  • All-Big Ten honors ACADEMIC
  • Total giving REVENUE
  • Annual fund donor growth REVENUE
  • Scholarship support through annual gifts and endowments ACADEMIC
  • Attendance growth REVENUE
  • Media exposure IMAGE

I would just suggest go and look at what other schools have in this area. None of it is ever groundbreaking revolutionary stuff. I’m not wowed by it but I wouldn’t expect to be either. In the end was he results are what matter
And that is exactly what Pat Hobbs and the team that worked on this did:

"Rutgers officials consulted with student-athletes, coaches and donors in recent months. A 13-person committee was headed by Ryan Pisarri, a senior associate AD for sports administration who serves as Hobbs’ chief of staff, and was aided by Steve Heisey, who, as a consultant, ensured the report’s mission aligned with the university’s core values."

“We had a thorough, deliberative process and then we took it on the road to a number of groups to discuss each priority,’’ Hobbs said. “I thought we got great feedback across the board. What we were told was, ‘don’t make it too tactical,’ because it really has to be about your priorities. Your tactics will change, but your priorities shouldn’t necessarily change. And equally important was discussing how are we going to measure success? Very few of these documents (at other schools) provide a listing at the end of how we intend to measure ourselves. Sometimes they’re seen as more aspirational than achievable. That’s why we have those measures and we will use those measures on a continuing basis.’’

https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/...ling-scarlet-knights-goals-what-it-means.html

Oh, excuse me. Cannot make it the top goal. Did you really not understand what I was saying? Would you say the notion of winning is identified as a top priority in the document, taken as a whole?

How many of these are winning? Three?

• Academic Progress Rate (APR) ACADEMIC
  • Overall Grade Point Average ACADEMIC
  • Academic All-Big Ten honorees ACADEMIC
  • Postgraduate outcomes ACADEMIC
  • Community service hours IMAGE
  • Compliance education IMAGE
  • Big Ten Conference rank WINNING
  • Learfield Cup ranking WINNING
  • Programs qualifying for postseason play WINNING
  • All-Big Ten honors ACADEMIC
  • Total giving REVENUE
  • Annual fund donor growth REVENUE
  • Scholarship support through annual gifts and endowments ACADEMIC
  • Attendance growth REVENUE
  • Media exposure IMAGE

All-Big Ten Honors - Winning
Scholarship Support - Revenue

How do you expect to win without the revenue to support successful programs.

Last time I checked Rutgers main mission is education.

All-Big Ten Honors - Winning
Scholarship Support - Revenue

How do you expect to win without the revenue to support successful programs.

Last time I checked Rutgers main mission is education.

I stand by my overall point. The primary objective of college athletics is to win athletics contests. It is not to have the most academically successful team. That is an ancillary accomplishment, by definition.

@RUJON & I recorded a podcast last night, with a line-by-line breakdown of the strategic vision document. We were joined by Keith Sargeant. It's 40 minutes of talk about Rutgers Athletics' future.

You can hear it beginning 6am Thursday (May 23) at https://www.thescarletspotlight.com/ or by searching for "The Scarlet Spotlight" on your favorite podcast service.

Look forward to the dialogue!

This reminds me of one of those ridiculous corporate HR program that some overly excited HR person would touts as revolutionizing the way they do business. Then it just becomes so pain in the butt form management has to go over with every employee wasting everyone's time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT